• February 26, 2020, 12:23:57 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Which router is best?  (Read 2364 times)

jamos316

• Level 2 Member
Which router is best?
« on: March 16, 2014, 07:29:55 AM »

Im buying a new router as having a lot of problems with my DIR-655, I have got support for this problem & I was told the problem is down to a lot of wireless interference as I am the router is in an apartment block. To counter act this I have been advised to get a router with dual ban frequency. I have 2 routers that I have choosen as I am on a budget, these two are the DIR-810L & the DIR-826L. Which of these two are the best, from looking as a beggínner I would say that the 810L is better as it supports the latest 802.11ac. I would like your expert opinions. If you think of another router that is around the same price, please suggest it.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Which router is best?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 10:01:31 AM »

If your looking for some future proofing, i'd go with the 850L. The 810 is the low end entry level router and is ok. I have this router and not really impressed by it. If your looking for something on the cheap then I guess the 810L would fit the bill. I would go for a 850L as it's seen more FW updates and seems to be getting the attention when it needs it.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!