D-Link IP Cameras for Home > DCS-2330L

DCS-2330L will not stay connected (this is frustrating)

(1/2) > >>

gorio1961:
I have assigned this unit a static I.P.  if I recycle power to the DCS-2330L, it will connect for about 5 minutes... then it dies.  Please help.

JavaLawyer:
What router make/model do you have? Try leaving the camera in DHCP and reserve an IP address for the DCS-2330L through the router.

gorio1961:
I have a Netgear 6300 I already have reserved the IP, as soon as it briefly comes back online, I will go with DHCP.

gorio1961:
I believe the problem has been resolved.  So far so good, I disabled uPnP on all 7 cameras. Put all cams on DHCP, but reserved all seven IPs by MAC address on the router.  I did a couple of things for good measure, I disabled the Bonjour service on all cams and disable uPnP on the router as well. 

Thank you, JavaLawyer for your advice. 

Currently, D-View Cam is working perfectly.

Oh yeah, just last week when I only had four cameras, I captured a burglary attempt and used FB to get an identity.  Hung up fliers and the bad guy actually contacted me telling me there was a misunderstanding.  Either way, he was arrested today!

JavaLawyer:

--- Quote from: gorio1961 on March 11, 2014, 09:17:30 PM ---I believe the problem has been resolved.  So far so good, I disabled uPnP on all 7 cameras. Put all cams on DHCP, but reserved all seven IPs by MAC address on the router.  I did a couple of things for good measure, I disabled the Bonjour service on all cams and disable uPnP on the router as well. 

Thank you, JavaLawyer for your advice. 

Currently, D-View Cam is working perfectly.

Oh yeah, just last week when I only had four cameras, I captured a burglary attempt and used FB to get an identity.  Hung up fliers and the bad guy actually contacted me telling me there was a misunderstanding.  Either way, he was arrested today!

--- End quote ---

That's a great story! I'm glad your cameras are doing their job!  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version