• April 23, 2024, 08:40:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DCS-5222L Rev B - Firmware version 2.00b05 - Comments & Observations  (Read 29329 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

D-Link released firmware version 2.00b05 for the DCS-5222L hardware version B. The firmware is available for download here: DCS-5222L Rev B - Firmware v2.00b05.
Please post your comments and observations on this thread.  :)

DCS Network Cameras - What Hardware Version is my D-Link DCS Serices IP Camera?

Note: When upgrading firmware, make sure you also download the latest Setup Wizard if you need to set up and configure your camera again.

Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-5222L Rev B - Firmware version 2.00b05 - Comments & Observations
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 06:27:50 AM »

Release notes for this latest firmware version are pending release.

dmcz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 03:08:39 AM »

Had anyone upgraded to this new firmware yet? How did it go? Any obvious changes?

I was waiting for some feedback before upgrading mine

madduce

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 07:35:01 PM »

Just wonder do anyone know where to purchase version B model in US.  I check couple place, frys, officemax, officedepot, overstock, neweggs they all still only sell version A1.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 04:57:54 AM »

Just wonder do anyone know where to purchase version B model in US.  I check couple place, frys, officemax, officedepot, overstock, neweggs they all still only sell version A1.

The hardware version isn't something that would typically be posted on the product description or box.
DCS Network Cameras - Why Have Multiple Hardware Versions for the Same Model?

madduce

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 12:45:35 PM »

The hardware version isn't something that would typically be posted on the product description or box.
DCS Network Cameras - Why Have Multiple Hardware Versions for the Same Model?

Actually (don't know for other but DC 5222l) h/w version is printed on the bottom of the box.  Also the version B is very different from A at least from the user manual i read.  B model not long include a remodel control, also the base body is also changed with 2 indication led.  Who know what internal parts is also update.  

So at least for DCS 5222l these change is not "typically not visible to the end-user and therefore do not impact product functionality or performance." Since it clearly have an impact to product functionality or performance.   I just don't feel right of purchasing a 3 yrs old product (h/w A1) at the same price of a 3 month old updated version.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:50:05 PM by madduce »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 12:56:50 PM »

Actually (don't know for other but DC 5222l) h/w version is printed on the bottom of the box.  Also the version B is very different from A at least from the user manual i read.  B model not long include a remodel control, also the base body is also changed with 2 indication led.  Who know what internal parts is also update.  

So at least for DCS 5222l these change is not "typically not visible to the end-user and therefore do not impact product functionality or performance."

Different hardware series are typically not noticeable to the end-user, but there are exceptions. This case appears to fall in the category of one of those rare exceptions.

creolechowder

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 07:15:19 PM »

I ordered the DCS-5222L from Best Buy last week, received it today, and it is the version B model. However, I'm having issues with it. Not pleased at all thus far. (Cannot connect via my iPhone if on a network, nor can I view the camera in a browser via mydlink.)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

creolechowder

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 02:27:25 PM »

What browser are you using (and version)? What error/symptoms are you seeing?

Network Camera - IE11 Not Fully Compatible with All Network Camera Functionality
Network Cameras - Lost "Live View" After Installing Java Version 7 Update 51

Addtional references: Network Cameras - Important Posts & Information

I have tried all of the suggested fixes, but Live View still is not working nor can I access the camera via my phone while connected to a network. I have tried IE11, Chrome (33.0.1750.146), and Firefox (27.0.1). Here are the errors/symptoms I'm seeing:

Live View
When logged into mydlink, both my router and the camera are listed as devices. But when I click on the camera, I get the swirling grey circle that says Loading, then says Connecting to my camera, then goes back to Loading, and then the swirling circle continues with a Retry button displayed underneath.

networked iPhone and mydlink Lite
I open the app and it shows my camera and router. I touch the camera button, it says Connecting, then displays the following error: The video stream from your device was lot. Please try again. (0.70_1_5_5_3EC)

Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 02:48:01 PM by creolechowder »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2014, 06:24:18 AM »

You may want to try IE9. Something else to try: if the video mode is set to H.264, you may want to try MJPEG as the default value.

ckh

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2014, 09:03:03 PM »

I'm current user of cam 942 and 5222L. Base from my experience on 5222L I have higher expectation from the newer model 5222LB1 (version B).

My horror begins after the purchase of my 5222LB1, first unit was facing connection issue. All my 3 cams are connected to my Asus AC68 router of the same configuration so can't be network issue. Bought it down and exchange for a brand new unit (took it out from a sealed box in my view).

Second unit also got connection issue, I need to restart the cam almost daily else unable to connect and keep receiving this error code 0.70_0_2_8_0. My cam is only 5m away from my Asus AC68 using 9Dbi antenna so can't be network or distance issue as my version A was 3 times further than version B yet easily connect to it. Besides that, this second unit (version B) got new issue surfaced. On the Dlink Cloud App control it's going anti-direction which was not seen on my version A and version B (first defect unit). I guess I might need to head down and get my second replacement unit.  >:( Anyway even manage to get it connected, the resolution is far way behind version A. I can never get HD resolution from Cloud App.

Firmware 2.00.5 is only for version B. Although in terms of setting it's more precise but it's not as user friendly as comparing with version A firmware 1.11 so much easier to use. Under "Setup" - "Audio & Video" there's only 3 Video Profile available and "Profile 3" was in default setting which you can't do much to it.

End of conclusion, if you intend to get one PLEASE stay far away from it. Version A (DCS-5222L) is still of the better choice!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 09:05:57 PM by ckh »

enigmatic28

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2014, 02:17:40 AM »

Why is the Wireless performance of DCS-5222L Rev B using the latest f/w very slow compared to the Rev A?
Since when i placed the Rev B on the same spot where our Rev A were located, the camera is so slow that the live view is about 1-5 frames per sec, and when downloading the recorded video it is about 25KB/s compared to the Rev A that reaches about 500KB/s when downloading the video.

ckh

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 05:51:27 AM »

Why is the Wireless performance of DCS-5222L Rev B using the latest f/w very slow compared to the Rev A?
Since when i placed the Rev B on the same spot where our Rev A were located, the camera is so slow that the live view is about 1-5 frames per sec, and when downloading the recorded video it is about 25KB/s compared to the Rev A that reaches about 500KB/s when downloading the video.

Exactly, I experienced the same as you. I got one DCS-5222L Rev A placed much further than DCS-5222L Rev B but connection was strong & stable yet perform much faster than Rev B.

enigmatic28

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 02:41:33 PM »

here are the other things that i noticed about the Rev B.

1. Using D-link lite: Trying to move the camera to the right moves it to the left even if the mirror settings in the web console is correct
2. The My Surveillance application of my DNS-320L does not detect the Rev B, well, I can manually enter the details of the camera and test the connectivity but when i try saving it it fails, and if it does save successfully, the image never loads in the application, thus I'm not able to record using my NAS.

With regards to the WiFi, i think, if it has the same antenna settings as the Rev A, the Rev B might be using the internal antenna only, where in Rev A has the option to select the internal or external antenna, though I'n not sure if this is true for Rev B.

Hopefully they will fix this early since it is very frustrating.
Pages: [1] 2