DCS-932L - Firmware v1.07b02 - Comments & Observations

(1/10) > >>

JavaLawyer:
D-Link released firmware version 1.07 build 02, located here: DCS-932L Firmware v1.07b02.

If not already present, please be sure to add the .zip extension on the downloaded file and extract the contents prior to uploading to the DCS-932L.

Please post your comments and observations on this thread.  :)

JavaLawyer:
This latest firmware is a major release with new functionality we've requested over the past year:

Firmware: 1.07b02 - Date: 12/26/2013

[*][New Feature] Add schedule feature for motion detection function (Thank you D-Link!!!!)
[*][New Feature] Add user can configure interval setting for motion detection of mail/ftp
[*][New Feature] NTP source port change to port 123
[*][New Feature] User account name is limit as: 0-9, a-z, A-Z, “.”, “-“, “_”
[*][New Feature] Update Mydlink agent to v2.0.17-b31
[*][New Feature] Limit “Auto” FTP image frequency not over 5 frames/second
[*][Bug Fix] Fixed ip task will be restarted issue on DHCP renew time
[*][Bug Fix] Fixed E-mail/FTP cannot be started issue if motion detection is enabled first
[*][Bug Fix] Fixed UpnP issue with DIR-826L router
[*][Bug Fix] The max length of Admin password change to 32 characters
[/list]

DCS-932L - Cumulative Firmware Release Notes

mrgclark:
On testing it seems to work OK. Just one point, when I first set a schedule it didn't work. Probably because the current time was already between the start and stop times. I'm guessing it just sets system events to turn it on and off. When I tested it again by setting the start time a few minutes from the time when I saved the changes, it did start detecting motion at the set time. I would have thought that when you saved the schedule settings that it would detect from the system time whether it was inside the set interval and turn detection on or off accordingly, but it doesn't seem to work that way. I guess I can live with that as long as I know.

JavaLawyer:
Quote from: mrgclark on January 03, 2014, 09:34:53 AM

On testing it seems to work OK. Just one point, when I first set a schedule it didn't work. Probably because the current time was already between the start and stop times. I'm guessing it just sets system events to turn it on and off. When I tested it again by setting the start time a few minutes from the time when I saved the changes, it did start detecting motion at the set time. I would have thought that when you saved the schedule settings that it would detect from the system time whether it was inside the set interval and turn detection on or off accordingly, but it doesn't seem to work that way. I guess I can live with that as long as I know.

I believe the scheduled start time is the trigger that executes the motion detection tracking. If the scheduled start time already passed when the event is created/saved, then the FW waits for the start of the next scheduled event.  :-\

scottrossetti:
The new firmware is working well for me although there is a bug that has carried over which I will detail here for you

The bug is in the daylight saving time feature where the daylight saving time period encompasses two calendar years, which is the case for us in the Southern Hemisphere (as opposed to the Northern Hemisphere where the daylight saving time is all contained in one calendar year). 

(Setup-Time and Date-Automatic Time Configuration-Daylight Saving)

Our daylight saving runs from 2am 1st Sunday in October to 2am 1st Sunday in April.  Entering those details into the DCS-932L (firmware 1.06 and 1.07)  and then rebooting does not effect the correct change in the unit's time during daylight saving time. 

The firmware seems to struggle with the end date crossing over into a new year - to prove this theory I put in a start day at the start of the calendar year (1st Thursday in January) and the end day as our correct ending day of 1st Sunday in April, following rebooting the correct Daylight Saving time is displayed (given the current date is within that period). 

Moving the start date back to the 1st Sunday in October and re-booting results in the standard "non daylight saving time" being incorrectly displayed.

I expect this bug is easily reproduced on any DCS-932L by entering our daylight saving details (2am 1st Sunday in October to 2am 1st Sunday in April).

FWIW Time Zone is +10 (Melbourne)

Cheers

Scott

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page