• June 05, 2024, 12:13:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Extremely dissappointed by this camera  (Read 24539 times)

GaryNY

• Level 2 Member
Re: Extremely dissappointed by this camera
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 08:45:47 PM »

Ah!  I think we are synced up now.  You had originally said you wanted cycle management for "recording", and my mind immediately went to what this camera calls a recording, i.e. the scheduled stuff.  I wasn't thinking about event-driven recording. 

Thanks for the info about the options through MyDLink.  I would not have known about those, but then I don't have my cameras connected up to the service.  It doesn't really offer anything I want (unless there are more hidden settings out there!) and it adds a layer of security risk to these already poorly-secured cameras.  (Come to think of it, I should add my security gripes to the wishlist thread.)

Thanks for the dialog.  I'm happy to see a little activity on this forum.  Wish there were more -- there is lots to talk about with these cameras!

OK, we're in sync. There's not a whole lot of useful function via mydlink.com, other than this one option that's inexplicably not in the camera's own setup menu.  I don't even like changing settings via mydlink, because I'm not sure how it's interacting with the settings I made directly on the camera.

GaryNY

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2013, 10:43:48 PM »

..monitoring my driveway to se if anything goes on a night, and just for fun "what are the cats doing at night"-movies.

One more comment on this... the images in night mode are black and white and not as clear. Your cats are liable to end up looking like ghostly outlines if you're depending on IR illumination, if they're close enough to be illuminated and to trigger motion detection at all (if watching an entire driveway, that might not be the case).  If you're expecting cute cat photos, you'd probably be disappointed.

forcequit

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, 07:27:48 AM »

@Timusius I purchased in August also. Today is Oct 1 & we still do not have our project live.  We are trying to put up a weather camera in a remote location using a MiFi device.  Works on & off but not reliable.  For example RTSP worked for a while & then just stopped working.  Then MJPG worked for a while.  It was difficult to pin down the fault as there are is a lot in the chain: camera-mifi-dyndns-click2stream

We just gave up on live streaming & mifi now and so are looking at FTP'ing the images using fixed broadband in a less remote location.  Someone else reported the same issue: it creates a unique file no matter what so this renders it useless for embedding on a website.

I've had a YCAM before on another project so may well go back to that.

However I want to give it one last try. This is not rocket science.  Has anyone got this camera to work at all ? If you have can you share the settings that do work ?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2013, 07:59:34 AM »

Any other WiFi signals near by? Use InSSIDer app to see.

Has anyone phone contacted D-Link support to ask for help and more information about this?
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.
Pages: 1 [2]