• April 26, 2024, 02:01:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: FW 1.10 beta bugs  (Read 4061 times)

Alphaman

• Level 1 Member
    • AaroBlog
FW 1.10 beta bugs
« on: April 16, 2009, 08:02:38 PM »

I installed the 1.10 beta tonight in hopes that it would fix problems I was having setting up the DIR-825.  I've run into a couple bugs I'd like to report.

When I try to login with the new login screen using the CAPTCHA, tabbing between fields is not in a logical order.  When you enter your password, <tab> takes you to Username field; then a second <tab> takes you to the CAPTCHA field; another <tab> takes you to the Regenerate button; and a fourth <tab> finally takes you to the Log In button.

A more logical progression, I would think, would be from the Username to Password to the CAPTCHA to the Log In button to the Regenerate.  That way, a user entering a password would press tab to enter the CAPTCHA, and another (optionally) to get to the Log In button.

Another bug: I run my own bind server behind the fw.  I was able to set the IP addr of the server in the Internet Setup, DHCP settings.  They show up in the Status section.  However, name resolution through the DIR-825 that should be resolved by the local bind server, all fail (e.g., via the ping tool). 

Another bug: The bind servers I defined above don't get sent to the clients.  The fields to enter the bind servers to be sent to the DHCP clients on the Router Settings section do not exist (or at least are not visible -- the forms are in the source, but not rendered).

I've tested this with IE, Firefox, and Safari.  This is what I see:

From what I've read, after the "Enable DNS Relay" checkbox, there should be fields for Router IP, Subnet Mask, Gateway, DNS#1, and DNS#2.  None of these are visible.

I've tried a variety of combinations of settings, but keep coming back to these errors.

MJBURNS

• Level 1 Member
Re: FW 1.10 beta bugs
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 02:14:01 PM »

There is also this reported flaw in the CAPTCHA implementation. Hopefully it will be fixed soon, as its not in intrinsic flaw, just a flawed implementation.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/05/15/dlink_router_gimmick/

Gadget

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 11:46:17 AM »

There is also this reported flaw in the CAPTCHA implementation. Hopefully it will be fixed soon, as its not in intrinsic flaw, just a flawed implementation.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/05/15/dlink_router_gimmick/

Wow, I knew there was a reason I didn't like the CAPTCHA (ok, it was for reasons other than cited in the article ;)  I never turned it off after reading about difficulties that can cause.  Hopefully the glitch has been fixed with V1.11.  I'm hoping Ru-Fi-Oh will chime in with an 'all clear' on that issue.

Cheers
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 11:49:02 AM by Gadget »

mikeny

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 06:05:25 PM »

I wouldn't know about the security flaw in 1.11N/A but as I reported in the other thread, you can't turn it off and get back into the router without rebooting to default settings.