• May 20, 2019, 07:40:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-320L Setup Wizard for Win7 64-bit  (Read 6090 times)

lsm0325

• Level 1 Member
DNS-320L Setup Wizard for Win7 64-bit
« on: May 22, 2013, 06:34:16 PM »

Hi,
I recently purchased a DNS-320L.  I have tried to used the CD installation disk that came with the unit on my 2 laptops both with win7 64-bit OS via LAN.  But during the setup it would not continue after the set-up of the email after clicking the next, an error will appear and will hang (the details in the error there are some text about win32...). 

I accessed the DNS-320L via the web browser and it's working OK with all the configurations done thru the setup wizard, but the problem I am having is that I can not register at mydlink.com since according to all I have read so far I will need the CD installation for this and since I could not continue with the registration using CD installation or a setup wizard file I downloaded from the dlink support page. So if I don't register with mydlink.com, there is no use for the cloud services of this NAS.

So hope someone could point me where I can download a setup wizard for win 64-bit.

Thanks!

psychicsaint

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-320L Setup Wizard for Win7 64-bit
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 07:06:59 AM »

Same problem here with Win7 x64.. Did you resolve the issue and register with mydlink? Please help if you have.. Thanks

O15

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-320L Setup Wizard for Win7 64-bit
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 11:52:39 AM »

Same problem here with Win7 x64.. Did you resolve the issue and register with mydlink? Please help if you have.. Thanks
Hi,
I recently purchased a DNS-320L.  I have tried to used the CD installation disk that came with the unit on my 2 laptops both with win7 64-bit OS via LAN.  But during the setup it would not continue after the set-up of the email after clicking the next, an error will appear and will hang (the details in the error there are some text about win32...). 

I accessed the DNS-320L via the web browser and it's working OK with all the configurations done thru the setup wizard, but the problem I am having is that I can not register at mydlink.com since according to all I have read so far I will need the CD installation for this and since I could not continue with the registration using CD installation or a setup wizard file I downloaded from the dlink support page. So if I don't register with mydlink.com, there is no use for the cloud services of this NAS.

So hope someone could point me where I can download a setup wizard for win 64-bit.

Thanks!

I don't know if thise helps now but for future readers it might help. The problem is solved with the latest Setup wizard.
I was abled to flash the latest firmware 1.03b04 after my CD-setup failed at the same point as described above. The i downloaded the Setup wizard 1.0.2.3 which excludes the email notification stuff and instead runs you through formating your drives and connecting to mydlink.