The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-850L

Where's the DIR-845L forums?

<< < (3/3)

Koll:
I'm I really the only one running PPP type VPN with this router and have the problem? :)
I'm considdering getting rid of it for another, it's really annoying... It also seems like the router can be slightly unstable each hour or something like that. As if the internet connection sets out and comes again quite fast. Enough for a game to show delay/disconnect prompt, but then quickly go away again. I don't have these problems when connected directly to my modem.

FurryNutz:
I recommend that you have your ISP check the cabling going to the ISP modem, check signal levels going to the ISP modem. Check for t.v. line splitters and remove them as they can introduce noise on the line and lower the signal going to the ISP modem. Connecting to the ISP modem could result in a false positive as the signal to the modem could be just enough to that point then adding on a router, could see problems. The router operation is dependent upon getting good data flow from the ISP modem and the modem is dependent upon getting good signal from the ISP Service.

One thing you could try, un-bridge the ISP modem then put the IP address that the 845 gets from the ISP Modem into the modems DMZ if it has this feature then test.

You could also configure the 845 in AP mode mentioned on page 11 of the user manual if you use the ISP modem as your main host router and see if the problem persists.

If the problem persists, I would contact your regional D-Link support office and inquire about this. It seems there could be an issue between the ISP modem and this router.

Koll:
The issue is resolved... but I'm afraid to say it was my ISP which was unstable! Sorry for the trouble, since they checked it and fixed it I haven't had any problems :)

FurryNutz:
Good to hear they took action and got it figured out.

Come back and visit if you need.

Enjoy.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version