• June 04, 2024, 12:20:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Author Topic: Freezing router?  (Read 195853 times)

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
Re: Freezing router?
« Reply #135 on: May 30, 2009, 03:15:41 PM »

Lycan, if you send me a PM, then I can send you the syslog from that time.

You can search for user 'Lycan' too in PM department...
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

lotacus

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2009, 05:01:16 PM »

I've seen this before. Are you seeing wired or wireless? Do a hard reset and hold it for 90 secs. Then release.  Do this with power on and remove all WAN/LAN port connections. If it still does it. Take that router over to a friends house connect it directly to their PC. If you still see the above. Then the router has issue.

This would obviously temporarily fix the issue, since the issue arises over a period of time, usually for me, every 4-5 days, regardless of network activity.

Are you running jumbo frames on your LAN?

No. The lan is a typical home setup. Only one PC connected via ethernet @ 100Mb auto neg.

Geraner

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #137 on: May 31, 2009, 10:11:28 AM »

You can search for user 'Lycan' too in PM department...
Ok, I have send him a PM with the syslog included.
DIR-825 - HW: B1 - Firmware: 2.05WW Build05 Beta01
DNS-323 - HW: B1- Firmware: 1.08 Beta build 05

wentige

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #138 on: June 01, 2009, 01:19:00 PM »

Hi,  I've got H/W version: A3 and it also was working fine until i upgraded to firmware version: 1.31NA

My typical load is:
2 computers connecting at 1000Base-T
1 computer and an Xbox 360 connecting at 100Base-T
3-4 wireless laptops connecting over wireless-G

2-4 of the computers are regularly streaming video 3-8 hours a day each, in addition to a slightly larger than average amount of regular network traffic then you'd expect for 3 users

There was no problem with the router, but since i upgraded the firmware, every few days everything has been grinding to a halt on both the wireless and wired connections. When this occurs, the wired computers is unable to reach the router.

my question is, and I'd prefer if this was to be answered by the board mod/tech engineer (that's just what I'd expect, since this is D-Link's forum), could you make a single post with a clear and concise way to fix this issue.

I've been filtering through 10 pages of chatter on this thread alone and there seems to be a few things that sound legitimate, a handful of guesses and a couple of wild conjectures. A few people said turn off the DNS relay, a few people said that the DNS relay issue is just a symptom of the real problem and as far as I could see the only thing the technical engineer added so far was the following to defend the wild accusations that some people have thrown around that he knows to be false and to help explain some of the small issues related with the side effects of one possible fix, that nobody has seemed agree works, including the technician (except for a few people who have said they haven't seen a problem for 3 days after applying the fix, which is nice but not conclusive, as the issue seems to take about 5 days to fully disable the product)

I'd just like an official word on where this crippling issue stands and if there is a fix for this or possibly a new firmware in the works that could fix this issue.

jason1722x

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #139 on: June 01, 2009, 01:51:23 PM »

Hi,  I've got H/W version: A3 and it also was working fine until i upgraded to firmware version: 1.31NA

My typical load is:
2 computers connecting at 1000Base-T
1 computer and an Xbox 360 connecting at 100Base-T
3-4 wireless laptops connecting over wireless-G

2-4 of the computers are regularly streaming video 3-8 hours a day each, in addition to a slightly larger than average amount of regular network traffic then you'd expect for 3 users

There was no problem with the router, but since i upgraded the firmware, every few days everything has been grinding to a halt on both the wireless and wired connections. When this occurs, the wired computers is unable to reach the router.

my question is, and I'd prefer if this was to be answered by the board mod/tech engineer (that's just what I'd expect, since this is D-Link's forum), could you make a single post with a clear and concise way to fix this issue.

I've been filtering through 10 pages of chatter on this thread alone and there seems to be a few things that sound legitimate, a handful of guesses and a couple of wild conjectures. A few people said turn off the DNS relay, a few people said that the DNS relay issue is just a symptom of the real problem and as far as I could see the only thing the technical engineer added so far was the following to defend the wild accusations that some people have thrown around that he knows to be false and to help explain some of the small issues related with the side effects of one possible fix, that nobody has seemed agree works, including the technician (except for a few people who have said they haven't seen a problem for 3 days after applying the fix, which is nice but not conclusive, as the issue seems to take about 5 days to fully disable the product)

I'd just like an official word on where this crippling issue stands and if there is a fix for this or possibly a new firmware in the works that could fix this issue.

2nd that

lotacus

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #140 on: June 01, 2009, 11:17:30 PM »

Just an update.... again, it happened. :P

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #141 on: June 02, 2009, 08:28:55 AM »

Can you post a pic of the advanced wireless page?

anonposter

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #142 on: June 02, 2009, 09:35:03 AM »

An update to my issue... I have been checking the logs periodically to try and ascertain where this freezing/reboot issue is occuring.  I happened to check the log last night and didn't see any issues for the previous 2 days.  When I checked the log this morning, the log was new because the router had reset itself sometime during the night.  I don't know if this will help, but everytime this router resets itself, it reverts back to a previous date (I assume this is the date I did the 30/30/30 process and flashed the router with the new firmware).  I have to re-copy my computer settings to get the right date back in.  I have not changed any settings from my previous post.

sirfergy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #143 on: June 02, 2009, 09:39:34 AM »

I also get this issue consistently, and it's really obnoxious.  :(

Is there a firmware update in the works?  Or a way to revert?

lotacus

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #144 on: June 02, 2009, 10:35:22 AM »

Can you post a pic of the advanced wireless page?

As requested.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #145 on: June 02, 2009, 12:19:07 PM »

Kill the short GI and tell me if that helps.

lotacus

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #146 on: June 02, 2009, 01:00:27 PM »

I'll give it a shot after E3, and let you know in four days. Let you know though, if this is the cause, dlink will have to re-work how short GI works because it affects lan as well as wan, brings the router right down.

anonposter

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #147 on: June 02, 2009, 01:55:14 PM »

Just on the offchance you want more data... I have the same settings only with WMM Enabled checked and Short GI unchecked.

EDIT*** Just an update to the scorecard, one reboot and two wireless restarts in the log for today without any user input.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 07:13:49 PM by anonposter »

Scrawner

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #148 on: June 03, 2009, 05:52:46 PM »

Just an FYI - I disabled DNS Relay 5 days ago and so far so good, and the router admin pages seem snappier than they were previously...knock on wood

mackworth

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #149 on: June 04, 2009, 05:37:42 AM »

So Lycan, is there anything to report besides that you can't reproduce it.  Since both the 825 and 655 are experiencing this dns relay problem, have they been able to figure anything out?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21