• April 19, 2024, 12:31:19 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Does DNR-322L support other brands' IP camera?  (Read 29299 times)

wills

• Level 1 Member
Does DNR-322L support other brands' IP camera?
« on: February 18, 2013, 08:34:28 AM »

Just gotten a 322L yesterday with Trendnet TV-IP672WI.
Both was setup and connected to my home network.

DNR322L - 192.168.0.108
IP672WI  - 192.168.0.109

I'm able to access the Trendnet camera via web browswer using its ip address as url, and was functioning fine.  8)

However, when login to the DNR's web interface, it can't auto detect the camera (retried many times). Even when I manually added in the camera' ip to DNR's "camera setup" tab, 322L still won't recognize it.  :'(

I then upgraded 322L's firmware version1.30, but still it won't detect or recognize Trendnet's IP camera. It stated it was uPnP, so I thought should work one.

Any Guru to advise? Thanks in advance.

wills

• Level 1 Member
Re: Does DNR-322L support other brands' IP camera?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 04:53:16 AM »

Let me answer my own question.

After many test, it finally work!

Since 322L does not recognize other brands camera, I did below setting.

-->setup--camera setup--> key in camera name: (anything) --> address (ip camera's ip address)
--> Port 80 --> Administrator Name (of the ip camera) --> Password (of the ip camera)
--> Vendor (select Dlink) --> Model (select DCS-7010L or DCS-5030L) --> Save Settings

The trick is I treat the Trendnet IP673WI as Dlink DCS-7010L camera, and the 322L accepted it.

Pan/tilt, recording are functioning.  :D

I then connected another Trendnet IP673WI camera, both ip cameras are working just fine.  ;D

Need to further test to see if there is any unexpected issue.  ;)

BTW, take note that DCS-7010L's spec are quite close to Trendnet IP673WI, so if you are using other brands and model's camera, just play with different Dlink's camera model. I believe the identical spec should work back by back.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 05:24:03 AM »

Let me answer my own question.

After many test, it finally work!

Since 322L does not recognize other brands camera, I did below setting.

-->setup--camera setup--> key in camera name: (anything) --> address (ip camera's ip address)
--> Port 80 --> Administrator Name (of the ip camera) --> Password (of the ip camera)
--> Vendor (select Dlink) --> Model (select DCS-7010L or DCS-5030L) --> Save Settings

The trick is I treat the Trendnet IP673WI as Dlink DCS-7010L camera, and the 322L accepted it.

Pan/tilt, recording are functioning.  :D

I then connected another Trendnet IP673WI camera, both ip cameras are working just fine.  ;D

Need to further test to see if there is any unexpected issue.  ;)

BTW, take note that DCS-7010L's spec are quite close to Trendnet IP673WI, so if you are using other brands and model's camera, just play with different Dlink's camera model. I believe the identical spec should work back by back.

I've reached out to D-Link to see if there is an official answer to the third-party make/model questions you raised. I'll let everyone know when I hear back.  :-\
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 01:54:41 PM »

The official word from D-Link is that the DNR-322L only supports compatible D-Link series network cameras, and D-Link recommends against integrating network cameras from third party manufacturers.

D-Link did point me to a business class device called the DNR-326, which does support a certain network cameras from third party manufacturers

wills

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 09:48:13 PM »

Thanks JavaLawyer for confirming with Dlink.

Well, actually Dlink DCS-5222L and Trendnet IP672WI both spec. are "almost" the same, but not their price.

DCS-5222L selling SGD319 while IP672WI can get at SGD219, its 100 bucks different. And I'm going to deploy 9 cameras, so this save me 900 bucks in total.

I intend to test out TP-Link HD camera soon. Will update here once tested...  ;D

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 04:25:49 AM »

Glad to help, and wish there were better news to report. FYI, I also posted an entry in the Network Camera FAQ board stating the same information: DNR-322L - Does the DNR-322L Support Network Cameras from Other Manufacturers

wills

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 04:04:29 AM »

I just finish testing the TP-Link TP-SC3430N. Not so luckily with TP-Link HD IP Camera.  :o

Tested configuring it as all Dlink Camera's models, but 322L simply don't recognize it.  :-\

Good thing is, I travelled to Msia and found that Dlink DCS-5222L selling RM555 (which is SGD226 only), comparing Singapore selling at SGD319.  ::)

So there is no reason not to buy 5222L in Msia. Heehee  ;D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 04:06:39 AM by wills »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 04:45:57 AM »

I just finish testing the TP-Link TP-SC3430N. Not so luckily with TP-Link HD IP Camera.  :o

Tested configuring it as all Dlink Camera's models, but 322L simply don't recognize it.  :-\

Good thing is, I travelled to Msia and found that Dlink DCS-5222L selling RM555 (which is SGD226 only), comparing Singapore selling at SGD319.  ::)

So there is no reason not to buy 5222L in Msia. Heehee  ;D

Msia = Malaysia?

If you are traveling abroad, I recommend caution when purchasing a D-Link camera outside of your home country.  Please see the following post: mydlink.com - Rules for Device Association with Regional mydlink.com Accounts

wills

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 12:36:56 AM »

Yes, it is Malaysia.
But no worry since Singapore and Malaisua fall into same reginion, furthermore, I'm accessing to 322L NVR, not to each camera directly from mydlink.