• June 04, 2024, 05:10:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: <SOLVED>Folder missing under Mapped drive, visible online kinda  (Read 4437 times)

smoggysasquatch

• Level 1 Member
<SOLVED>Folder missing under Mapped drive, visible online kinda
« on: February 08, 2013, 08:42:32 PM »

Mods/Admins if this has been covered please shed some light for me.

I have an issue with one folder on my dns-320.  It's my main folder with a vast majority of my info.  I use my dns-320 as a makeshift file server.  The name of the folder is Portfolio.  Located in Volume_1\Portfolio.  

When I look at the mapped drive (\\ip address of nas) I see every folder but portfolio.  I can log on to the web based file server and see portfolio.  I have access to the files, only one at a time.  I also noticed when I click on the folder, folder turns red, then click properties; the properties window pops up, except it is completely blank.  (I am unable to alter the permissions because i don't see any to alter).

Configuration is 2x 2 TB Western Digital Nas Drives (Red) Raid 1. Firmware 2.03 Any help would be appreciated.  I called into d-link, but 1hr and 1/2 on the phone was driving me nuts.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 05:06:30 PM by smoggysasquatch »

albert

• Level 5 Member
    • SoHo NAS Forum
Re: Folder missing under Mapped drive, visible online kinda
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 11:32:45 PM »

Did you create Shared Folder for Portfolio and assign the respective permission?
D-Link DNS-320 rev A1 (FW: 2.05) [FFP-0.7]
PCI NAS-01G (FW: Encore ENNHD-1000 4.10)
PCI NAS-01G (FW: OpenNAS 1.9]

smoggysasquatch

• Level 1 Member
Re: Folder missing under Mapped drive, visible online kinda
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 03:56:55 AM »

I do not believe so.  I have no reason to share the folder.  This all started a few weeks ago when I was attempting to make a backup of my computer and save it to a directory located with in my "Portfolio" folder.  The backup failed and I deleted the backup folder only with the failed backup file inside.

As far as permissions, I usually make them read/write.  I am unable to detect what the permissions are. 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 04:03:58 AM by smoggysasquatch »

smoggysasquatch

• Level 1 Member
Re: <SOLVED>Folder missing under Mapped drive, visible online kinda
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 05:12:27 PM »

I dual 2 TB HDD.  I have been removing the drive on the right side and attempt to hook it up to my laptop via external usb device.  While doing so, I had access to every  folder except the one that I really wanted.
"Portfolio".  I finally decided to remove the left hard drive instead.  Apparently this is the "master" drive.  I hooked up the usb device to the drive and "VOILA!" There's my beloved folder.  Better than that, I had access to it with encountering any permission issues. 

So since I have access to the folder, I made 2 different backups of it. (external mypassport, and desktop HDD that I had laying around). I reformatted the drives and reconfigured it to RAID1.  We'll see if it happens again.  Sure as hell hope not. 

Thanks for reading.  If what I did is not clear, pm or email me.