• May 27, 2020, 09:47:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 2013 New Year not yet celebrated by DIR-825  (Read 11263 times)

mickeymouse

• Level 1 Member
2013 New Year not yet celebrated by DIR-825
« on: January 06, 2013, 09:40:04 AM »

Hello All,

I have upgraded my modem to 2.07NA (Hardware Version B1).  Before upgrade, it used to drop 2.4 frequently and 5 infrequently.  Over the last few days, it dropped them both frequently.

So I was ready to toss this router as it is a few years old.  I updated it to 2.07NA from 2.02A by pressing the Reset button for about 30 - 40 secs till I got a different UI.  I then used the 2.07NA file for upload.

It has become a lot stable over the last 72 hours - never did it drop.  We use Xbox, Netflix, Youtube frequently.  My speed is 35Mbps/35Mbps.  I was planning to upgrade to 50Mbps/50Mbps if there were no issues with the upgrade.  Will wait before I upgrade.

I have not noticed this before, but when I tried to set my time manually, I cannot find 2013 in the drop down.

Can anybody suggest some good NTP servers that might help?  THe default NTP server of dlink is never updated.

Thanks !!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 09:45:16 AM by mickeymouse »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: 2013 New Year not yet celebrated by DIR-825
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 11:41:45 AM »

time.nist.gov is a good NTP server to test, or time-b.nist.gov.

I've forwarded this on to DLink support since I've verfied this on my 825 as well. This is still a good router and is still LIVE so I hope maybe they will make an adjustment.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 12:24:54 PM by FurryNutz »
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

mickeymouse

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 11:40:39 AM »

Thanks !  But even though I have set the ntp server as time.nist.gov, the date/time never got updated over the last 48 hours.

How often does the automatic update of time from NTP server happen?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 11:42:44 AM »

should update if not automatically, upon doing a reboot of the router using the TOOLS/System menu.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: 2013 New Year not yet celebrated by DIR-825 (RESOLVED)
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 12:47:06 PM »

I can confirm that using the v2.09 version from DLinks Canadian site resolves the 2013 year issue. This build is only for the NA region.