• June 04, 2024, 11:58:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Dir-330 won't forward port 80  (Read 9426 times)

dotancohen

• Level 1 Member
Dir-330 won't forward port 80
« on: December 09, 2011, 07:03:44 AM »

My LAN consists of an Ubuntu desktop (192.168.0.100) and a Windows 7 laptop (192.168.0.101) behind a DIR-330 router (192.168.0.1), connected via wired connection. My external IP address, for purposes of discussion, is xxx.xxx.111.61 (verified on http://simplesniff.com). Apache is installed on the desktop and configured to answer on port 80. IPtables or any other firewall is not in use. I have configured the router to forward port 80 to the desktop.

When I type 192.168.0.100 into the browser address bar in either the desktop or the laptop, I correctly see the Apache "It works" page. However, when I try with the external IP address the browser just keeps "connecting", it doesn't even time out after a few minutes of waiting. I opened the DMZ to the dekstop to see if that would work, but it does not help at all. I know that the machine can receive non-localhost connections because the laptop can access it on the LAN IP address.

What might be wrong? What should I troubleshoot?

Thanks.

Hard Harry

Re: Dir-330 won't forward port 80
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 10:07:54 PM »

I don't think the DIR-330 has loop back, so to access the server on the desktop FROM the desktop you have to use localhost:80. The exact command may be different since its Ubuntu but you get the idea. If your looking to access it via the external IP you have to adjust the host files to router x.x.111.61 to local. There are other ways too, but yea, that is one. May I ask why you need to access it from external when 192 works?

dotancohen

• Level 1 Member
Re: Dir-330 won't forward port 80
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 10:50:38 AM »

I don't think the DIR-330 has loop back, so to access the server on the desktop FROM the desktop you have to use localhost:80. The exact command may be different since its Ubuntu but you get the idea. If your looking to access it via the external IP you have to adjust the host files to router x.x.111.61 to local. There are other ways too, but yea, that is one. May I ask why you need to access it from external when 192 works?

Thank you. Actually, I would like to access the Apache server on the desktop from outside the LAN, not just from the desktop itself. I am displaying some PHP work to a client, he is accessing the site (which resides on my desktop) from his home office.

My home ISP has no problem with providing me with incoming connections, I have a static IP and I was doing it with the old Level 1 router. But this D-Link is not forwarding the packets for some reason. I have tried to forward just port 80 and even opened the DMZ, but neither are passing them through.