• August 08, 2020, 04:57:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Valid Firmware version?  (Read 2908 times)

sdlack

• Level 1 Member
Valid Firmware version?
« on: September 14, 2016, 12:19:16 AM »

Hi,

I purchased a DLInk 930L second-hand. I want to confirm that the firmware is authentic. I can't find any download for its firmware which is listed as 2.13 (only 2.12 is on the Dlink site). Is this device and firmware trustworthy?

Details: I reset it by pressing the reset button in the back for 60+ seconds. When I logged into the device, I checked its firmware version. I found that it was:
2.13 (more specifically, the upgrade.htm page said:

Current Firmware Version: 2.13.15
Current Firmware Date: 2016-06-28
Current Agent Version: 2.1.0-b27

However, the support page and ftp site for the DCS 930L Version B does not offer this version of firmware. Only 2.12.

Also, I tried to download the firmware 2.12, but when I tried upgrading to 2.12, it failed.

So, my question is: is there actually a release of 2.13 firmware from DLink? Or is there something wrong with this device. I am hesitant to use this camera for now.

Thank you.

sdlack

• Level 1 Member
Re: Valid Firmware version?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 12:48:41 AM »

Update: Found a version 2.13 on the Taiwanese site (figured since DLink is based in Taiwan...)
http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/techsupport/ProductInfo.aspx?m=DCS-930L

And on the Australian site:
http://support.dlink.com.au/Download/download.aspx?product=DCS-930L&type=Firmware
So, this might be why. I think the mystery is solved...
The firmware file downloads as: dcs932lb1_v2.13.15.zip
Also, the reason the firmware update failed was b/c I tried to use the .zip instead of the .bin file. Sorry, the instructions were very unclear.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 06:58:59 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What region are you located?

Current release version of FW is v2.12.

You can check for current FW version on your regional mydlink site.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

sdlack

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 10:51:49 AM »

I'm the US. But, because I bought this camera second hand, I don't know where it came from.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 11:03:48 AM »

I would do a factory reset, load v2.12 then factory reset and set up from scratch...Be LAN wired with the camera and PC when you do this. You'll be find.
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

sdlack

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 11:10:29 AM »

I see. Though, looks like customer service is even more wary. I got this from customer service (DLink US):
"If you purchased the device outside the US then it's not recommended to load the FW 2.12 since it may brick the camera."

Of course, I read this after loading the Australian 2.13 firmware on the device. I wanted to have firmware that I myself updated just in case. After my update, I noticed the fonts on the administration panel were different. So, it's 2.13 now, but the original was probably from a different region than AUS. I works for now, and I think I can trust it a little more.

Thanks!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 11:12:14 AM »

Ok if it works then run it for now.

I presume that USA may post v2.13 at some future date as USA does more testing and development for the NA region than other regions do.

Enjoy.