The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-930L

DCS-930L - Firmware Wishlist

<< < (2/32) > >>

acellier:
Please provide a choice of 2 fps in the Video panel (currently 1,5,7,15,20,[30]) - perhaps could be 1,2,4,8,15,...
The gap from 1 to 5 is quite large, and 1 is just a tad jerky.

acellier:
The request for 2 fps video rate should have said "also in motion detector + ftp, or + email, mode"

JavaLawyer:
Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates.

* mydlink - mydlink registration independent of device configuration wizard
* General - Daylight savings time support
* General - Disable telnet and enable SSH for command line access
* General - Admin password length too short
* General - User password length too short
* General - Add more detail to status page: e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled etc.
* General - Include more segmentation for the FTP file name date/time suffix: e.g. change "DCS-930L_2011090114562601.jpg" to "DCS-930L_20110901_14562601.jpg" or "DCS-930L_2011.0901.1456.2601.jpg"
* General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served
* Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule
* Motion Detection - Motion detection FTP on a schedule
* Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (indpendent of video FPS)
* Video - RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
* Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
* Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking

acellier:
General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served AND ACTUAL TIME OR OPERATIONAL STATUS -
currently, a javascript keeps time incrementing making it appear the camera is connected even when powered off.

JavaLawyer:
Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

* mydlink - mydlink registration independent of device configuration wizard
* General - Daylight savings time support
* General - Disable telnet and enable SSH for command line access
* General - Admin password length too short
* General - User password length too short
* General - Add more detail to status page: e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled etc.
* General - Include more segmentation for the FTP file name date/time suffix: e.g. change "DCS-930L_2011090114562601.jpg" to "DCS-930L_20110901_14562601.jpg" or "DCS-930L_2011.0901.1456.2601.jpg"
* General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
* Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule
* Motion Detection - Motion detection FTP on a schedule
* Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (indpendent of video FPS)
* Video - RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
* Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
* Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version