GMAIL Email Notification not compatible with FW1.05?

<< < (2/4) > >>

savva:
If you use DHCP then you are fine; your router would provide the NAS unit all the addresses that are necessary. To double check go to your status page on the webpage and yours should look something similar to this:
IP Address:  192.168.x.x
Subnet Mask:  255.255.255.0
Gateway IP Address:  192.168.x.x
Mac Address:  xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
DNS1:  192.168.x.x

Post what your settings are aswell.

The other issue that i ran into you already address which was change the receiver's email to something other then gmail (ie: your hotmail).

When you click on test what error message do you get?

escaramujo:
Quote from: chiefnet on January 31, 2009, 05:23:19 PM

Login Method :      Account
         User Name : username@gmail.com (tried without gmail.com as well)
         Password :  gmail password
     SMTP Server :     smtp.gmail.com (tried smtp.rcn.com as well)
     Sender E-mail :     username@gmail.com
     Receiver E-mail :     username@gmail.com (I've tried username@hotmail.com as someone else mentioned trying)
Hi,
When I used the receiver e-mail <username@hotmail.com> to get my notifications, I was using ver 1.06 and I did not need opening any other ports. This might sound like a stupid question, but, chifnet, Do you have a hotmail account? The rest of the setup is he same as the one I used.
Good luck, just keep trying. It took me 2 hours to get my printer working with Dns-323.  ???

chiefnet:
Quote from: savva on February 01, 2009, 09:49:32 AM

If you use DHCP then you are fine; your router would provide the NAS unit all the addresses that are necessary. To double check go to your status page on the webpage and yours should look something similar to this:
IP Address:  192.168.x.x
Subnet Mask:  255.255.255.0
Gateway IP Address:  192.168.x.x
Mac Address:  xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
DNS1:  192.168.x.x

Post what your settings are aswell.

The other issue that i ran into you already address which was change the receiver's email to something other then gmail (ie: your hotmail).

When you click on test what error message do you get?

saava,

My settings were as you noted above, with the DNS1 being the same as the IP address, and IP address being that of the box.  No luck.

My error message is just "Test Result: Failure".  Same message for all different settings I've used.

chiefnet:
Quote from: escaramujo on February 01, 2009, 01:07:11 PM

escaramujo,

Yes, I do have a hotmail account, and used that username and account.  Unfortunately, no luck.  I'm not ready to upgrade to 1.06 since 1.05 is running pretty stable and I've seen so many posts of issues with 1.06, so I may wait until 1.07.  Thank you.

savva:
Chiefnet, just to double check, your DNS should be the same as your Gateway IP Address... is that how yours is?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page