The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-635

DIR-632 loosing wireless connections

<< < (4/4)

sblais:
Both computers are connected (and get disconnected at the same time with other modes).

There are other WiFis and I do use inSSIDer.  There are at least two routers in my building with signals strong enough to interfere.  There's a WEP on channel 6 and a WPA-TKIP on channel 11.  I'm on channel 8 because I get the strongest signal on that channel (when I do get a signal).  My phone is on 6.0. GHz.

I'm getting a new router asap.  Not sure I would try another DIR-632: I'm not alone on this forum.  Any stable model to recommend?

FurryNutz:

I would try Channel 1-4 since you have one on 6 and 11.
DGL-4500, DIR 655 are good routers. Do you need any 5Ghz support? or just 2.4Ghz?
Keep us posted.

snype:
I had the same problem after about 5 mths of no problem operation; eliminating 'Channel Auto Scan' and locking Router on Channel one fixed this problem for me [even though more often than not, I have to wait for my w'less connection to be reestablished if my computer has been in sleep mode overnight]
However, I've been having problems with this router dropping my Wii connection after playing 1/2 to 2 games. Wii CONNECTION ERROR 91010:

Here's what fixed my erratic CONNECTION ERROR.
*In the router's menu:
Under ADVANCED SETTINGS/FIREWALL SETTINGS/ NAT ENDPOINT FILTERING
for UDP & TDP ENDPOINT FILTERING; select the first option:
'ENDPOINT INDEPENDENT'.
That's it.. I've had no connection problems with the Wii since...
.. Maybe that could solve your problems as well?
Good Luck

xfisher:
My wife's laptop kept dropping the wifi too.   Intermittant drops, several times a day.   I am running a desktop with XP.   She has Windows 7 on a dell laptop.    I went into the DIR-632 and reset it to its factory settings (I had been messing around trying different things to no avail).   Then I went into her control panel and wireless networks and deleted our network.   Then rebooted and it picked up the new network and reconfigured it.   3 days now of no drop.   May not work for you, but did for me!

FurryNutz:
Glad you found the fix and thank you for sharing.

Please review this for any future needs as well:
url=http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=54498.0]Router Troubleshooting Suggestions and Tips[/url]

--- Quote from: xfisher on October 19, 2013, 01:19:23 PM ---My wife's laptop kept dropping the wifi too.   Intermittant drops, several times a day.   I am running a desktop with XP.   She has Windows 7 on a dell laptop.    I went into the DIR-632 and reset it to its factory settings (I had been messing around trying different things to no avail).   Then I went into her control panel and wireless networks and deleted our network.   Then rebooted and it picked up the new network and reconfigured it.   3 days now of no drop.   May not work for you, but did for me!

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version