• March 18, 2024, 10:47:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: connecting D-Link DAP-1360 Wireless N Range Extender to office network??  (Read 14379 times)

Ex2reMe

• Level 1 Member

my office network structure is like this:
ADSL internet --> Netgear DG834G Router --> Computer with Kerio Winroute Firewall --> network switch --> wall Ethernet ports --> all office computers.

i have a D-Link DAP-1360 Wireless N Range Extender and i want to connect it to a ethernet port in the office so it will receive internet and broadcast it as a wireless internet connection for extending the wireless coverage cause its far from the Main Router and i want each of them to cover part of the office..

what configurations should i set up?..would the Kerio Winroute Firewall Block the internet connection to the Extender?.. would other wireless devices receive internet through the Extender?..

simply, i want Router with internet --> office network --> wireless extender --> wireless devices..

thanks.. .

Ex2reMe

• Level 1 Member

any help??

Guyon

• Level 1 Member

Hi,

It sounds like you just want to set the device up as an access point

Internet -> Router -> Wired office Network -> DAP-1360 -> Wireless Network

If that is the case then just set it as an access point. The default IP Address is 192.168.0.50, you have to make sure that this is in the right range and free on your network, or you can change it by logging into the device.

BUT LISTEN UP... If this is rev A of the hardware (rev B should be OK) then you are going to have some serious connection drops and problems. I have a DAP-1360 rev A and it's so useless I use it as a paper weight. I'm serious you'll see others on this forum refer to this problem.

Anyhow if you have rev B, and if you need anymore help on setup, or I have miss-understood what you are trying to do, then let me know, I manage a network with 1 router, 8 switches and 10 wireless access points.

Good luck.