• March 29, 2024, 03:13:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can i route ICMP?  (Read 2140 times)

Betto69

• Level 1 Member
Can i route ICMP?
« on: February 03, 2012, 03:26:37 AM »

Hallo!

My local network is connected to my ISP through DIR-655 (hardware: A4, firmware: 1.30WW). My local computers is connected to this rooter with wired connection. All works fine about one year. Now i have ping packets lost. It's happen'd irregulary. I loose up to 10 packets per time. After that internet connection restores automatically. My ISP ask me to disable all firewalls to chech internet channel quality. I uncheck "Enable SPI" and "Enable anti-spoof checking". However, my ISP cannot reach my by simple ping. Is it possible to route ISP ping or ICMP packets througn router to one of my computers in my side of firewall/router?

In other words: how can i proove my ISP that my local network and rooter works with no errors?

with regards
Betto69

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
Re: Can i route ICMP?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 05:25:50 AM »

You can probably just enable WAN Ping Respond when they are testing out your system, then turn it back off when they are done.

Betto69

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 06:42:11 AM »

All is possible... Can anyone tell me how? I never seen this "WAN ping Respond "option in my rooter configuration module.

With regards
Betto69

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 10:19:28 AM »

I have an A2 model and its on the Advanced Tab > Advanced Network Page.