D-Link Xtreme N (Platinum Products) > DIR-825

How Can I Connect My PS3 To 5ghz For Online Gaming?.

hey guys, i have a d-link Dir-825 (Hardware Ver. B1/Firmware 2.02NA) and i wanna connect my ps3 to the 5ghz for online gaming but i cannot find the option for it. also when scanning on my iPod Touch and PS3 for a wireless connection i cannot find the SSID that i named for 5ghz and the only one that shows up is the other SSID i named for 2.4ghz.(both SSID are not the same name). is it really worth switching from 2.4ghz to 5ghz ? or do i need to update my firmware to get rid of this problem? please help me. Thanks.

You need to ensure that your devices support the 5Ghz freqency and N mode. I bought a XBL wireless adaptor for my Xbox and I was able to game over Single mode N at 5Ghz. The connection depends on the support of the devices. I know the new xbox slim only supports 2.4Ghz on N max with the built in WiFi.

What do your devices support for WiFi?

If you do have something that does support the 5Ghz single mode N then you can put the router in this mode and try it.

Take a look at the gaming sticky over on the FAQ Library, good info, same info will work your router. UI is different.

You need a 1522 or 1533 for 5Ghz if you want to upgrade your game console to 5Ghz.
Link>Bridge Mode vs Relay vs Acess Point (AP) / Routers vs Dedicated Acess Points (AP)

None of the devices you listed support the 5GHz or "N" band. You need to have the 2.4GHz band with "G" compatibility for those devices to work.

The PS3 only supports wireless g so it will not recognize your wireless n 5ghz band.  To achieve what you are asking you would need a D-Link DAP-1522 to bridge a wireless n connection to your ps3 (the dap will handle the wireless and provide a wired ethernet port to connect your ps3 to the network).  This is the setup I have and it works great for 5ghz.  No more complications with cordless phone or microwave.

I've heard that some of the newer slim models actually support Wireless N but I doubt it's 5ghz.  I turned off the 5ghz myself for the simple reason that I have no devices that support it but I may end up buying bridges later....

[0] Message Index

Go to full version