The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DGL-4300

adding another router

(1/3) > >>

Harry Whole:
I am currently using a dgl-4300 which is located on the first floor. I am making a gaminng room on the second floor of the house where I will have a computer and at least 2 ps3's hooked up all the time. I ran cable to the room(the cable runs off of the dgl-4300) and I was wondering if I could hook it to a DGL-4100 that I would mount under one of the desks. I don't want to go wireless because I don't get a great connection up stairs....

FurryNutz:
If you are connecting the D-Link router to another router to use as a wireless access point and/or a switch, you will have to do the following before connecting the router to your network:
Turning a router into an AP.

Harry Whole:
still have not bought another router to go with my 4300. I am thinking about maybe going with 4500 rather then the 4100. Will the 4500 run with the 4300 like what you described with the 4100 for me? I would still hook the 4500 up wired with the 4300 I just thought I would be better off with the 4500 as it is a newer router....

thanks

FurryNutz:
Ya I presume it should. Do you do gaming or just general internet stuff?

Harry Whole:
We will be gaming on the two PS3 that are hooked up on the second floor... Sometimes having three ps3 going in that room gaming online....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version