• March 29, 2024, 04:53:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Not working on Quake 3 or VOIP  (Read 5654 times)

gctam65

• Level 1 Member
Not working on Quake 3 or VOIP
« on: January 03, 2010, 11:00:20 PM »

I just bought the Dir-601 router and so far it is fast and stable. However, I haven't been able to get it to work on Quake 3 (no connection to the Master server) or VOIP using the Linkysys Pap2 voip adapter.  I tried setting it up using the predefined port forwarding rules to no avails. I tried port forwarding certain ports and even using DMZ but also without success.  For some reasons, the router is preventing my computer to connect to any online server. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to make further configuration adjustments? Also, will there a new firmware available in the near future?

Thanks,

GT

jerrry94087

• Level 1 Member
Re: Not working on Quake 3 or VOIP
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 07:12:45 PM »

Do Quake 3 and Linksys PAP2 work without DIR-601 (when you just connect your host to the modem) ?

Based on the web search I see that UDP and TCP Ports 5060,5061 or 5723 need to be transparent for Linksys PAP2. Maybe you need to read documentation on Linksys PAP2 that came with it, port requirements must be specified there.

And for Quake 3 you need TCP and UDP ports:    27950, 27952, 27960, 27965 (http://portforward.com/cports.htm).

Jerry
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 07:28:40 PM by jerrry94087 »

urfate

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 01:43:31 AM »

i have a similar problem with VOIP. accept mine is with Ventrillo when ever i talk longer then 5 seconds it lags like crazy. causing my sentence to disappear for a while then later all of my chatter hits the server all at once giving every one else a headache. all my games play fine. just VOIP refuses to work. ive done all the simple steps like upgrade firmware and ive turned on and off every setting on the router to see if that made a difference. ive even forwarded the ports for it and still no luck.

ShadowWraith

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 09:34:27 PM »

I have had this issue with getting the master server list for Urban Terror, which uses the Quake 3 engine.
Does anyone have a solution for this?

kensiko

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 07:52:16 AM »

What about trying dd-wrt firmware ?