• July 27, 2024, 05:59:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Port forward wierd "bug"  (Read 1963 times)

routinfo

• Level 1 Member
Port forward wierd "bug"
« on: February 04, 2011, 11:56:37 AM »

I have a pc connected to the router. It's running Windows XP and i have Virtual PC 2007 installed. One of the virtual machines is a windows XP which has wamp server (web server) which listens on port 80. The virtual machine uses my computer network card and because of this, the router sees it as a separate computer and I assigned an IP address to it, and also made the port forwarding rule. I can access the webserver with the IP 192.168.0.102 (local), and everyone else can access it with the IP a.b.c.d (the router's "outside" IP).

The problem is... if i try to access the webserver through the IP a.b.c.d from a computer that is connected to the internet through the router, both firefox and IE connect to the webserver, and show the "Transferring Data from a.b.c.d" message if the page that i access is quite big, but they do not show the content of the webpage...
For example : if i have a directory with 2 files (without index.html), the browser shows it's contents, but if i try to access the forum, nothing appears, but the title of the forum appears on the title bar of the browser.
Nobody outside the local network has this issue. Is there a way i can fix it?