• June 03, 2024, 03:52:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: UNSOLVED - 655 Shareport Connection Issues  (Read 48540 times)

rsmin

• Level 1 Member
Re: UNSOLVED - 655 Shareport Connection Issues
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2008, 11:43:29 AM »

EddieZ,

Thanks. I may try and reinstall it later today and see what happens.

Rusty

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2008, 01:45:16 PM »

Remember to remove all remains/files when you do reinstall.  :)

Good luck
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

mdconnelly

« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2008, 08:47:57 AM »

FWIW, I'm having the same problem.   Using a Dell XPS 410 desktop wired and an HP laptop wireless with a Canon inkjet printer attached to the 655 USB port.  Both computers running Vista Home Premium with latest updates.  The problem occurs on both, even after turning off the Shareport update feature.  I've also gone the route of uninstall - reinstall.  I don't use Windows firewall, I use Comodo firewall but I've tried completely turning off the firewall and it still occurs.

I've worked around it by always exiting the Shareport utility after I use it so that only one computer is connected at a time and even then, only when needed.  But if I forget to exit, the same popup 'Connection failed,...' message invariably reoccurs - sometimes within minutes, sometimes several hours or even a day later.

This is too good a feature of the Dir-655 to not get fixed.

goldbond

« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2009, 07:36:14 AM »

This recently started happening on my computers.  I have three computers with the Shareport utility - two Vista Ultimate Dell laptops (wireless) and a Vista Ultimate desktop (wired).  I have a Canon iP4000 connected to the router.  This worked perfectly until a few days ago.  My laptop didn't exhibit the behavior, but the other two computers did.

This is how I've solved the problem (so far, at least):

1. Unchecked the notify of new version box.
2. Removed the printer.
3. Installed the printer, overwriting the existing driver.
4. Rebooted.

So far the computers haven't compained about a connection error.

I don't know what caused this, but all of my computers have the new IE hotfix that was released on 19 December.  I don't recall the exact day this problem started, but it was around the 19th.  Related perhaps?

You are a saint..this was the issue. Now can someone from D-Link explain why the "check for new versions" will not connect?

bpkilgore03

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2009, 04:33:52 PM »

I started getting this pop-up this morning, I have nothing in the usb port, and never have. I have had this router for several months and have never seen this before today. I have 3 desktop computers, all wired to the router. There have been no changes made in the set-up.  It just started doing this on its own ???????????????????????????                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2009, 04:38:01 PM »

We know, join the club.  :)
Just read the thread and see if something helps you out. I seem to have resolved the issue. I haven't seen a popup in weeks and using Shareport on all PC's.

Backdoctor52

• Level 1 Member
  • Active DC, IT interest.
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2009, 06:23:04 AM »

I'm looking in to what possible scenarios will cause this message to pop-up.

as for "using" I mean NO HDDs connected to the USB port on the router. For instance, does this message pop-up when using a flash drive? printer? etc.

I have had the shareport active with  "nothing" connected, and still get pop-ups till I took shareport out of the startup.
Cable modem RCA H-535
Router DIR-655 (H/W: A1/A2 F/W: 1.35NA)
Antenna ANT24-0230
Switch DGS-2208 (H/W: C1)
NAS Drive DNS-323, 1 TByte (F/W: 1.08)
CAT6 networking cable
ASUS Quad W7Pro Desktop (1GBps)
XP PRO - 3 desktops (1 GBps)
ACER Duo W7HP Laptop (300MBps)

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2009, 06:42:52 AM »

I have had the shareport active with  "nothing" connected, and still get pop-ups till I took shareport out of the startup.

Yep. It's really something inside the program or driver OR the enabling ports in the router.

whoareyou

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2009, 07:17:21 PM »

If I click on check for new version now I get the error.  I noticed the date to check for update was set to 1/22/2009.  I believe I solved my issue by changing update every option to 365 days.It's not supposed to check now until 11/23/2009 (which isn't 365 days btw).  Anyway if all goes well I don't expect to see my message until almost end of year.

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
Re: SOLVED - 655 Shareport Connection Issues
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2009, 02:52:29 AM »

It's the update server being unavailable apparantly. Haven't seen the issue with the new 1.14 release.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]