• June 04, 2024, 07:37:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Annoying Issue with DIR-655  (Read 15479 times)

Eminence257

• Level 1 Member
Re: Annoying Issue with DIR-655
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009, 04:21:11 PM »

Check your PCI bus latency settings in BIOS and see if there's anything there you can adjust if you're comfortable with doing that. I would also check to see if you have any processes causing conflict with the adapter.

I don't know how to check what processes may be causing conflict with the adapter, and I sure don't want to mess with my BIOS =(

I do however have this piece of information for you that may be helpful cause it puzzled me. When I reformated I only installed my DWA-552 and the DLink software as my Network Card/Wireless Adapter. I disabled Windows Zero Config and although my Intel Pro 100 VE Network Card is in a slot I didn't reinstall it. When my computer was setup like this my download speeds were VERY slow (20kb/s), this included anything that had to do with internet access (games/browser/ftp/ect..). I then proceeded to install my Intel Network Card although it's not used and saw a HUGE boost in performance (20kb/s to 1.6mb/s). Why would my Intel Card have any effect on my DWA-552? Should I remove the Intel Card and put the DWA-552 in it's slot? Just to clarify my Intel Card is not used as a wireless card and was only used when I had my DI-604 router with an ethernet cable, infact it's ten years old at least.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 04:23:12 PM by Eminence257 »

KGB7

• Level 1 Member
Re: Annoying Issue with DIR-655
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 11:29:40 AM »

You answered your own questions several times.

Pages: 1 [2]