• June 15, 2024, 07:37:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Request fior Firmware fix timeline  (Read 25103 times)

29engineering

Re: Request fior Firmware fix timeline
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2008, 08:43:52 AM »

End of the week ping.  Any status updates?

whytetygre

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2008, 05:11:15 PM »

Release early. Release often. And listen to your customers.
-- Linus Torvalds

Working on an update now. Already working with two Seagate 1.5 TB here in lab.

No timeline is available as of yet but will keep you posted :).

Outsourced QA off on holidays for Diwali?
Diwali Ki Shubhkamnayen.

Chung

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2008, 06:44:19 PM »

$$189  going down $179  going down  $169... ....My god the drives prices are dropping again.
Even the DS 321 is dropping pricing.  I have them sitting here collecting dust and depreciating !!  >:(
Two 1.5 TB and one DNS 321 just sitting.
I can't even have the print server working without being able to install the hard drives.

conjurer

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2008, 09:49:45 AM »

Hey D-Link...so the last post 10 days ago said:
"We are in the process of verifying the firmware to make sure there are no critical bugs"

Can we assume that some critical bugs have been found and we are in for a bit of a wait?

snowsam

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2008, 09:58:06 AM »

Here is the best info that I have found regarding the potential release of an update (from Oct 28th -- in another thread):
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=2280.msg14395#msg14395

There they said it was still 1-2 weeks away from release.

I don't know if more priority can be given to getting the fixes coded, tested, and released-- and I don't know how to politely escalate the issue. Can we send cookies, email a manager, etc?

Sam (trying to be patient) :-\

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2008, 10:00:31 AM »

Still being verified at lab. We will have a more realistic release schedule next week.

Happy Halloween

conjurer

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2008, 12:57:30 PM »

thanks, snowsam, and D-Link

...waiting oh so patiently :)

29engineering

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2008, 05:21:34 AM »

...and another ping. Any release date yet? I have people wanting storage space, and I'd hate to have to go buy another box to make this work.

bill_best

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2008, 12:42:35 PM »

Why doesn't D-Link just come out with a small upgrade to use the 1.5TB drives instead of waiting to add all kinds of new features.  I've got 2 1.5TB drives just sitting here that I NEED to use.  I don't want to buy another enclosure, but if this takes much more time I'll have to.

I'll bet there are hundreds of users out there that picked up the DNS-321 along with two 1.5TB drives when Dell had their deal running weeks ago.

Come on D-Link!  It can't be that hard to update the accepted drive size.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 12:46:21 PM by bill_best »

r!ng0

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2008, 04:48:06 PM »

Since D-Link is silent, here is how I've done it with Opera user javascript.
Here is the tutorial on how to enable and use it: http://www.opera.com/support/tutorials/userjs/

After you enable the javascript, create a file in the user javascript folder you've created and enabled.
Call it for example dlink.js
Copy-paste the code below into the file replacing 192.168.1.1 with your D-link's IP.
Then use opera to log into D-link interface and proceed to format the drives using Raid 1 (that's what I needed). In the size text box enter 1500. If all goes well it wouldn't object against this number but will start formatting drives. That will take a while. Don't be alarmed when it gets stuck at some percent, the progress indicator sucks :)

The code below (if it will let me post). If not - email me at dlinkdns321 [at] gmail [dot] com

// ==UserScript==
// @include http://192.168.1.1/*
// ==/UserScript==
if(location.hostname.indexOf("192.168.1.1")>=0) {
   window.opera.defineMagicFunction('reload',
                                    function(oRealFunc, oThis) {
                                          var limit_size=chg_HDUnit('0','1');
                                          var sum=0;
                                          limit_size = 1500;
                                          if(document.form1.f_disk_mode.value=="raid0")
                                          {
                                            sum=parseInt(parseInt(limit_size)*2);
                                            document.form1.AdvHDSize.value=sum;
                                          }
                                          else
                                          {
                                            document.form1.AdvHDSize.value=limit_size;
                                          }

}
                                   );

}

29engineering

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2008, 06:40:07 PM »

Thanks, Ringo! Since the official word is silence, I'm gonna move ahead with this. Got no choice as the hounds are on my tail for drive space and this stuff is long past paid for now.

Question, can that "raid0" argument be changed to "raid1"?

ATTN BOARD MODERATOR: It's spelled "Expletive", not "Exploitive"... as in "I'm probably not going to by another [Expletive Deleted] D-Link storage product because their [Expletive Deleted] [Expletive Deleted] [Expletive Deleted] marketing people put out statements about their [Expletive Deleted] products that aren't true, like for instance it'll work with any [Expletive Deleted] hard drive, or launch the [Expletive Deleted] before the engineers say it's [Expletive Deleted] ready to [Expletive Deleted] ship."

Please forward this message to the [Expletive Deleted] marketing department, so that they understand that they need to get a [Expletive Deleted] clue.

I think that about [Expletive Deleted] sums it up.  :)

r!ng0

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2008, 07:06:17 PM »

29engineering: the script you see worked for me for raid 1. Basically what you see is the java script function from the raid 1 pre-format page that didn't let me format the drives. I've just "patched" it enough to get through. No thorough analisys or the likes. Mission accomplished is all I needed. Feel free to add on to this, like modify it to work for raid 0 etc.

BTW interesting fact: I've called Dell before purchasing DNS321 + 2 1.5TB HDDs on their day of deals. I had doubts it will work since I couldn't find any confirmation and ppl from the redflagdeals board were casting shadows (rightfully so). Dell sells representative said that it WILL work. Make your own conclusions.

conjurer

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2008, 09:33:45 AM »

Well, I think I have been patient enough...I am returning mine...Thanks a lot D-Link  >:(

JohnnyCamper

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2008, 11:59:25 AM »

Still being verified at lab. We will have a more realistic release schedule next week.

Happy Halloween

That was Oct 31 and I see no indication of a release schedule yet.  Like others here we got taken by the 'any drive' line and thought it might be worth waiting for the fix rather than returning the lot...I think we made the wrong choice.

Chung

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2008, 07:48:08 PM »

This is madness!
Please let me know if a firmware here already.
I have waited for 3 months now!
Pages: 1 [2] 3