• April 23, 2024, 09:08:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Lycan: about usb, please  (Read 23275 times)

fgl30

• Level 3 Member
Re: Lycan: about usb, please
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2008, 12:51:39 PM »

So you want them to list on the box what something is NOT going to be?
Its not going to be a toaster you want them to list that too?

please, donīt talk this way.... donīt get the man wrong.... I sure youīre smarter than that... if you see an USB port in a cellular what you think first: communication (USB wasnīt designed for that ::)... if you see an USB port in a camera what you think? Communication.... if you see an USB port in a digital TV receiver what you think? Communication.... if you see an USB port in a sound system what you think? Communication.... if you see an USB port in a printer what you think? Communication.... blablablabla... I could tell millions of devides .... www.everythingusb.com..... if you see an USB port in a router what you think FIRST? Before read manual... in fact in my country there are tons of i*iots selling DIR-655 with "print server"...

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2008, 01:45:57 PM »

Before I bought this router I did a lot of research on it including here :

http://www.dlink.com/products/resource.asp?pid=530&rid=2027&sec=1

Which clearly states what the USB port is being used for.

I don't want to sound negative, I guess I am just tired of seeing posts asking for something when it has clearly been said that it is not going to happen.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2008, 03:00:11 PM »

The unit are not of our design. They're a platform developed by Ubicom. We have no say in whats actaully connected to the board.
As for the WCN, that was a implementation to meet WiFi certs.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2008, 11:09:22 AM »

WHS?

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2008, 11:49:48 AM »

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2008, 01:01:54 PM »

please, donīt talk this way.... donīt get the man wrong.... I sure youīre smarter than that... if you see an USB port in a cellular what you think first: communication (USB wasnīt designed for that ::)... if you see an USB port in a camera what you think? Communication.... if you see an USB port in a digital TV receiver what you think? Communication.... if you see an USB port in a sound system what you think? Communication.... if you see an USB port in a printer what you think? Communication.... blablablabla... I could tell millions of devides .... www.everythingusb.com..... if you see an USB port in a router what you think FIRST? Before read manual... in fact in my country there are tons of i*iots selling DIR-655 with "print server"...

Dear fgl30,

Let it go....just let it go.
What country are you from? Close enough for the Russian army to intervene and catch those silly salespeople... ;) Why blame DLink for that?
The USB port on the DIR655 is used for...communication! It is a very broad concept, communication. That's why you need to establish that everybody is talking about the same interpretation of communication.

So please let it go...they will not change their policy because somebody keeps nagging about it. Capice?
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2008, 01:27:27 PM »

LOL!

fgl30

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2008, 01:54:36 PM »

Dear fgl30,

Let it go....just let it go.
What country are you from? Close enough for the Russian army to intervene and catch those silly salespeople... ;) Why blame DLink for that?
The USB port on the DIR655 is used for...communication! It is a very broad concept, communication. That's why you need to establish that everybody is talking about the same interpretation of communication.

So please let it go...they will not change their policy because somebody keeps nagging about it. Capice?

Capito. In fact I let it go ages ago..... I donīt care anymore (and never expected they would put USB to work)... nor even will post here anymore 8) Letīs go forward.... Now Iīm expecting 1.20 work (this will happen????), and thatīs all.... my router is not more than a access point to me... nothing more..... BTW Iīm from Brasil... far way from Russia  ;D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 01:57:38 PM by fgl30 »

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2008, 03:11:40 PM »

Locking Topic.

(finally says Fatman).
Pages: 1 2 [3]