• April 19, 2024, 01:16:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Error 312, DIR-615 model  (Read 2765 times)

MissInsanity

• Level 1 Member
Error 312, DIR-615 model
« on: October 31, 2010, 11:11:23 AM »

Ok, so im sure somewhere someone has had this problem, but cant find one specific. so here is what happened.

I have a desktop that is hard wired to the D-link and then connected to my Internet Modem. ("shaw internet"-Im in canada)

-I have a laptop with vista on it, and i never had to install my d-link to it, it just picked it up, and i cant remember but i think i installed it on my desktop but not sure it was a few years ago.

however, my internet has been fine for my laptop and desktop,but i got a used laptop, and reformated it, and now has an older version of xp on it.    Now i tried to just hard wire it from my internet provider modem to it, and that didnt work... so i hard wired it to the d-link like it is to my desk top, bc it says i have to hard wire it to install it... (thats what i did for my other old laptop that had xp on it)

but i get an error 312, saying that there is no wire adaption connected. or something like that.. i tried unplugging everything etc.. but still nothing..

i just cant get this thing to setup... maybe i did something when i reformated the computer.. i know it asked me if i wanted to directly connect the internet automatically when i was installing windows xp... so maybe thats why.

any help would be great..

Thank you
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 11:13:18 AM by MissInsanity »

Trikein

Re: Error 312, DIR-615 model
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 04:22:55 PM »

If your network is already set up, then don't use the CD. Just look on the desktop(your main screen with all the icons) on the PC you first set the router up on. Should be a file called "Network Security Settings". Open that and it should have your routers Network name(SSID),security settings, and passphrase. Then use those on your laptop to connect. On the bottom right corner of the laptop, there should be a Icon for your "Wireless Network Connection". If there isn't look for a button on your laptop that turns your wireless on and off. If its on, and still no wireless, check the drivers for your wireless card.(I will post how later). If there is a icon for your wireless network connection, right click on it, and left click on "View available Networks". Then click on your network, and click on connect in the bottom right. It will ask for your passphrase, which you can get from that document I discussed prior. If it doesn't connect, probably a compatibility issue, but still can be addressed.

Basically I need to know:

1. Can you bring up a list of network in your area on the laptop?

2. Do you see ANY networks?

3. If you see some networks, can you see yours?

4. When you try to connect, where does it fail?

5. If it connects, can you get online?