• May 22, 2024, 11:27:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DWA-552 will not power up  (Read 4211 times)

CanonMan

• Level 1 Member
DWA-552 will not power up
« on: October 22, 2010, 07:48:38 PM »

Op Sys: Windows 2000 SP4
CPU: Pentium III - 733 MHz Intel
Motherboard: Aopen AX6BC

Maybe this is supposed to be easy to do, but if anyone can find the broken piece of hardware (buy it, only to take it back to the retailer for another) it would be me!

Running Windows 2000 SP4 on a PentiumIII with an Aopen AX6BC motherboard. The Ethernet card was powered just fine by the m/b, but for some reason the D-Link does not get power from the m/b to turn the LED light on.

I've tried three different PCI slots. The Op Sys finds the new hardware and identifies it, but once the Wizard is canceled and the install completed through the CD, the install complains that the adapter is not installed.

I removed the wired Ethernet card originally installed, and placed the adapter in the same PCI slot. The install has failed three times for the same reason (the install complains that the adapter is not installed).

Once the software complains and ends, rebooting the system reveals that the Wizard pops up to say "The software for this device is installed, but may not work correctly. This device cannot start (code 10)"

Do I guess that the adapter will not power up on an Aopen m/b?

I can try it in my Pentium IV (first generation P4) Gateway box to see if it works there, but failing this, I'm stumped. Guess we will have to replace the P3 with a newer system and call it a day.

Anyone?

CanonMan

• Level 1 Member
Re: DWA-552 will not power up
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 07:04:51 AM »

Well, it isn't the card.

It works fine in my Gateway 500S (ya, we like to run old gear).

The P3 was my wife's email machine. We needed wireless for it because of the location in the house; can't run Cat-5 'cause we are leasing the place and running from router to her NIC would be troublesome and long, about 125' if tucked in and hidden.

So, I guess I'll get a new refurb'ed Gateway from TigerDirect  ;D and she can have mine. :(