Again, DD-WRT does not have a default user. The first screen you see after install asks you to create a user
. This can be whatever you want. Yes, the form field looked as if they're already filled in. Ignore that. Just click on them, delete and type your desired username and password. Just some pointers:
- your username can be "admin" if that's easier to remember for you
- your password cannot be blank.
If you can't get back to that first screen, go into the emergency room (instructions below) and upload the firmware again. Most recent is ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/12-18-10-r15940/dlink-dir615d/dlink-dir615d-factory-webflash.bin
To access the Emergency Room Web interface follow these steps:
- Unplug the router's power cord and wait 20 seconds.
- Get a pin, push the RESET button and KEEP IT PRESSED.
- Connect the power cord back (while still keeping the reset button pressed)
- Keep the reset button pressed for an additional 5 seconds after connecting power cord and then release. At this point you should see the power button blinking orange.
- Connect over a WIRED connection to the router and set your network adapter IP MANUALLY to 192.168.0.2
- Open http://192.168.0.1 in a browser. You should see a white page with a Browse and Upload button.
The "set your IP manually" part is very important. To access the emergency room interface the address is http://192.168.0
.1, while after DD-WRT is installed the address is http://192.168.1
.1 After you install DD-WRT from the emergency room interface, go to your network adapter settings and set it to obtain IP automatically again.