Hi YMS_1975,Cisco SPA2102 Phone Adapter with Router
It is a Router with Voice Capability.
Paint a picture with words, on how you are connected to the Internet. What is connected to what?
How are you connected to the Internet? FIOS, DSL or Cable Modem?
I decided to simplify matters and disconnected the LinkSys SPA2102 Phone Adapter to see whether or not I could connect to the net with just my cable modem & my router hooked up. And guess what? I still couldn't connect.
Then I tried disconnecting the router entirely, so that the only thing connected to my PC was the cable modem. That's
the only way I am able to connect to the internet.
So that tells me it's not
- A coaxial cable issue outside the house
- My cable modem (Motorola SurfBoard 5100)
- The ethernet cable between my PC to my cable modem
- The power adapter for my cable modem
Once I established it's not my internet service, the cable modem or the ethernet cable that connects between the two that's the problem, I started looking at the router itself; which by the way was a brand new unit (under warranty replacement). I then tried swapping the CAT 5 & CAT 6 cables (thinking perhaps it was a faulty cable somewhere in the configuration) but that didn't help either.
To specifically answer your question about painting you a picture of how it was
connected, I had
- An ethernet cable running from the back of my PC to the back of the wireless router plugged into where it says "1" (as in, port #1)
- The ethernet cable running from my cable modem to the back of the wireless router plugged into where it says "Internet"
**NOTE** For the above config. I even tried swapping the cables, so that the ethernet cable from the back of my pc was plugged into the back of the wireless router where it says "Internet" and the ethernet cable running from the back of the cable modem was hooked up to the router in port #1.
An already long story short, I've disconnected the router and will be returning it for a full refund. I'm very ticked off right now.