Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Orange Light  (Read 25872 times)
StrikerGA
Level 1 Member

« on: April 12, 2010, 05:50:21 AM »

The 2nd light on my router the Internet LED is orange. I have unplugged and also reset the router but nothing works on that light is still orange and to my understanding that light is suppose to be lit according to manuals. Also as i go to install this router the setup keeps telling me the default password and username is needed and the router is brand new. Why does it keep asking that? Is the router on standby?? HELP!!
JimboCol
Level 2 Member

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 07:40:45 AM »

The 2nd light on my router the Internet LED is orange. I have unplugged and also reset the router but nothing works on that light is still orange and to my understanding that light is suppose to be lit according to manuals. Also as i go to install this router the setup keeps telling me the default password and username is needed and the router is brand new. Why does it keep asking that? Is the router on standby?? HELP!!

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying, but to access your router to configure it, make sure you have a wired connection to the router.  Insure that your Internet modem is connected to the router with a network Patch cable, and not a crossover cable.  If you are trying to use the cable that was installed by your service provider to hook your modem to your router, chances are it's a patch cable and that will not work.  You do not need to use the setup CD.  Enter 192.168.0.1 into your browser's address bar, and then you should be presented with the login screen for the router.  The default password is admin and there is no username.

You can change that once you log on.

hope this helps.
Jim.

chefnee
Level 1 Member

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 08:30:49 PM »

I'm not sure if anyone has resolved your issue, but what the orange led light means is that you are not connected.  We all agree on that.  All that means that there is a misconfiguration somewhere.  With this router in particular, the DLink DIR-628 it does not automatically configure itself, even if it's brand new. 

Step 1: go to your Windows command and type ipconfig /all, it will give you all the vital information, i.e. default gateway, dns server, ip, etc.
Step 2: Go to your browser, type 192.168.0.1 (default ip address for the router)
Step 3: Go to the Setup Tab, click on Internet Connection Setup Wizard, if you feel adventurous, select the manual internet connection setup and fill in all the information that it ask for. The wizard should be straight forward.
Step 4: Go to the top and Save Settings, it will prompt you if you are sure, click ok and the router will reboot and apply those configurations and the orange led light will turn into a green one.

I hope this helps:)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme by webtechnica.com.