• June 15, 2024, 08:56:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Stay connected whilst logged off?  (Read 5913 times)

TomPerry

• Level 1 Member
Stay connected whilst logged off?
« on: March 07, 2010, 03:41:09 PM »

Hi,
I was wondering if I could enable this wireless card to stay connected whilst I was logged off, so I can use remote desktop over the wireless network.

I am using 64bit XP professional. I am currently using the Atheros driver version 7.6.1.184 and using windows to manage connections, not the D-Link software (which corrupted my windows logon files when I installed it!).

TomPerry

• Level 1 Member
Re: Stay connected whilst logged off?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 11:45:49 AM »

I should also mention that I'm using service pack 2, not 3. I heard SP3 disabled daemon tools...

war59312

• Level 3 Member
    • Will's Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 08:40:46 AM »

No SP3 does not disable daemon tools.

Anyhow, have you tried Tweak UI?

Select Logon on left side-bar and then Check "Keep RAS connections after logoff" to the right.
God Bless America

TomPerry

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 10:59:28 AM »

Thanks for the reply, no I hadn't, but now I have. It's an awesome tool but it appears the RAS only applies for remote assistance connections, which require you to be logged on to start.

I'm currently researching if I can use a VNC connection to connect through the internet to my server. Dunno if this will still log it off though.

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 04:20:32 PM »

I should also mention that I'm using service pack 2, not 3. I heard SP3 disabled daemon tools...

Hi Tom Perry,

There is no Service Pack 3 planned for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/help/end-support-windows-xp-sp2-windows-vista-without-service-packs?os=xp

"There's no SP3 for the 64-bit version of Windows XP. If you’re running the 64-bit version of Windows XP with SP2, you have the latest service pack and will continue to be eligible for support and receive updates until April 8, 2014. "
thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10