• June 15, 2024, 04:57:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Trying to install fun_plug  (Read 48329 times)

kevindt

• Level 1 Member
Re: Trying to install fun_plug
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2010, 07:06:17 PM »

1.03 on the DNS-321 - latest I can find, and yes - it either came installed, or I installed it soon after arrival before configuring the box and disks ( I can't honestly remember which, but I know that I've never upgraded firmware with the data present on it).

emanoyhl

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2010, 05:55:31 AM »

if you're still having problems the solution is easy

first - what system are you on, windows or macosx?

either way - make absolutely sure the fun_plug file has NO extension - on macosx it auto-adds .sh as an extension if you are unsure either way - simply open the file in a plain text editor and copy its contents into a plain file and save it as fun_plug - with no extension, also remove any whitespace at the bottom!

i'd also recommend placing a copy of fun_plug and the fun_plug.tgz files in BOTH your volumes - because it depends on which drive is your *real* volume_1 (the dns-321 names whichever drive - regardless of left or right, volume_1 as the first drive inserted)

finally - reboot, and wait about 5 minutes - as the dns-321 is slow to deflate the .tgz

check both volumes for an ffp folder and ffp.log

please post your results

p.s. sorry if this was answered already as i didn't want to read through 5 pages of forum on here :)

good luck!

kevindt

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2010, 06:26:35 PM »

Thanks but not helpful.

The question is already answered, and this method won't work from Mac OSX Snow Leo if files are transferred via Finder by drag/drop for the reasons described above.  Snow does not automatically apply a .sh extension, by the way.

You need to change permissions in the file before or after transfer to the NAS since it is not flagged executable on the Mac and that is preserved on transfer.  The NAS, being a Linux machine respects those permissions and says "no way" till you change to executable!

Alternatively, transfer it using FTP, permissions will be set to 0777 (read/write/executable by all) automatically, just like they are if transferred from Windows or Linux - it's all there in last two pages of the thread  ;D

emanoyhl

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2010, 07:41:28 PM »

on my snow leopard it auto-added .sh as unix-exectuable file - simply removing the .sh extension does not work on mac - you have to hit get-info on the file, and you'll see that in fact it has added the extension anyway - and on the get-info of the file, uncheck the .sh extension, i think it said "show extension"

but like i said in previous post if this was answered already :) as i didn't want to read through 5 pages hehe

just simply posting what i had to do to get it to work - from download file, and dragging to dns-321 - didn't work that way - and i finally got it to work with the steps i posted :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]