• April 24, 2024, 03:17:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Does WoL work if my PC is behind DAP-1522 wireless bridge?  (Read 8044 times)

YoYoboy

• Level 1 Member
Does WoL work if my PC is behind DAP-1522 wireless bridge?
« on: January 28, 2010, 06:15:57 PM »

Hi there,

I want to send a WoL (wake on lan) packet to power up a PC which is wired to DAP-1522.  The DAP-1522 is connected to my DIR-655 router wirelessly.  So far, I have no luck.  Do you know if the DAP-1522 is capable of passing the WoL?  Does it need a firmware upgrade before it can do so?  Please help if you have any idea.

Thanks.

ishaaq

Re: Does WoL work if my PC is behind DAP-1522 wireless bridge?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 09:15:09 PM »

Anyone been able to work this one out yet?

I've got a DAP-1522 in bridge mode with a machine (whose bios has been set to WOL) sitting behind it. The DAP-1522 doesn't seem to pass over-the-air WOL signals on to the machine.

motherfo

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 07:36:26 AM »

worked for me

harryd

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 04:01:27 PM »

WOL is NOT working on the unit I just bought with firmware 1.21 (The latest version)

Product Page : DAP-1522      Firmware Version : 1.21

I have another dlink game port ethernet<->WiFi single port
unit and WOL works fine on that.

Using this on WiFi
ether-wake -i wlan0 00:1c:c0:aa:aa:aa

The DAP-1522 is NOT BRIDGING the WOL packet, I have wireshark running and
it is not being bridged. So the DAP-1522 Bridge mode is not really a real bridge.

How do we go about getting a fix for this bug ?

migabri

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 07:34:21 AM »

Well after searching a lot on the web and reading this

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Wireless_Station_Modes#802.11_limitations_for_L2_bridging

i'm really confusing about the bridging that some producer offer in some product they sell, it may be that the issue described on the link is your, but you can ping devices on the DAP-1522 from a device wired connected or wireless connected to the DIR-655?

migabri

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 07:38:04 AM »

i'm still tryng to understand if this dap-1522 can create a really transparent bridge or similar with a workaround between him and the AP: like some adding data in the wifi packets that are correctly interpretated from the AP, and if it's the same case with all the d-link router with compatbile wifi standard...

biloubilou

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 07:34:23 AM »

Using two DAP-1522 linked together in wifi (one AP + one switch), no problem to wake up a PC behind the DAP-1522 switch. The wifi link seems to be really transparent.

migabri

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 10:09:33 AM »

I'have just talked yesterday with d-link tech support they confirm what i think: dap-1522 in bridge mode don't use standard wifi packet to transmit data, cause as i read in the document i linked they dont' take with it mac address destination and source mac address, so the best performance in the simulate bridging that this device realize probably is when using two dap-1522 one as AP and the other as client bridge with same hardware (that can change in same product with different time production) and also same firmware. In every other combination may have some troubles, worst is if you has an AP from a different brand.