• June 15, 2024, 09:28:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: D-Link DWA-552 with win XP SP3  (Read 6860 times)

Run

• Level 1 Member
D-Link DWA-552 with win XP SP3
« on: January 10, 2010, 09:51:47 PM »

Here's a copy of an email sent today to D-Link support:
Hi, I really need your help. Is my new D-Link DWA-552 XtremeN PCI adapter able to work in a PC running Windows XP SP3 ?....

...because after installing it with its drivers,  my PC (XP SP3) freezes on boot (XP logo). But it works fine when I boot in safe mode!!!!. My router on the other PC is  D-Link Dir-615. I tried to get some help on many forums with no success.

Thanks for your fast reply.

Does anyone on this forum has any advice?
Thanks.

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
Re: D-Link DWA-552 with win XP SP3
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 09:28:34 AM »

Hi Run,

You aren't getting help, because you haven't posted the XP operating system, you are using. XP SP3, is not an operating system, but a Service Pack for Windows XP Home Edition, Professional Edition and Media Edition, but to mention XP Professional X64 Edition.

If you click Start, then right-click My Computer and click Properties, it will tell you your operating system.

You don't mention, what drivers are installed.

You don't mention if the PCI Slots are enabled or disabled in Computer Bios.

thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10

retread

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 06:26:07 PM »

It makes no difference what version of XP used, this card is no good.

miglenn

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 05:40:36 PM »

I had the same issue.  The card is fine though.  I got it to work with XP Pro SP3.
Simply don't use the setup program that comes on the CD.  Download the latest drivers from the dlink site and unzip.  Install the card and turn on the PC.  When Windows detects the new hardware, choose to select the driver and browse to the drivers directory you unzipped earlier.

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 01:53:14 PM »

I had the same issue.  The card is fine though.  I got it to work with XP Pro SP3.
Simply don't use the setup program that comes on the CD.  Download the latest drivers from the dlink site and unzip.  Install the card and turn on the PC.  When Windows detects the new hardware, choose to select the driver and browse to the drivers directory you unzipped earlier.

Hi miglenn,

I have it working with Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3, with no problems. I learned a long time ago, that D-Link's Installation works extremely well. No Problems.

The problem is with what the Installation installs that causes the problem. It installs a Wireless Network Manager which has not been updated for Service Pack 3. It probably wasn't beta-tested.

The Drivers work just fine.

thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10