• June 15, 2024, 02:49:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: D-ViewCam 2.x and Recording Controls  (Read 4123 times)

NickViper1024

• Level 1 Member
D-ViewCam 2.x and Recording Controls
« on: November 16, 2009, 11:33:21 AM »

I have 16 cameras running on a 1.5TB server. With D-ViewCam 1.x, I had no problem holding 30 days of 24/7 recording. Since upgrading to D-LinkView 2.x, my server is having trouble holding 10 days worth of 24/7 video feed.

I poked around my storage bin and noticed varying recording sizes that don't add up. In the past, the size of each hour-long DVF file was typical at about 4 to 7 MB a piece across the board. Now I see radically different sizes depending on the day. On one day, each DVF file was 700+ MB! The following day: 7 MB each. I just can't make heads or tails of it, but it's chewing my storage space to shreds! Different cameras will be recording at different rates too: On one day, two cameras side-by-side recorded 11 MB per DVF file and 350 MB per DVF file.

At this point it might be helpful to mention that I was forced to upgrade to 2.x when one of my cameras died. The model I was using was discontinued and I had to buy a much more expensive D-Link model that would not work with the existing software. After the upgrade, I had to re-setup the entire camera map. While I can change basic settings like login, schedule recording, etc... I notice that I cannot change the FPS on any of the cameras - I'm wondering if this has anything to do with it? The discontinued camera is
a DCS-3220 and I cannot change the framerate from the software or directly (via HTTP). I'm reasonably confident the settings on each individual camera have not changed - only the software that connects to them. I need a way to fine-tune the resolution/framerate/other variables that affect recording sizes and so far I'm at a loss in 2.x. Can anyone help?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: D-ViewCam 2.x and Recording Controls
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 01:07:21 PM »

The DCS-3220 had video option located in the Advanced< Video tab. The fps and video quality can be set here.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream