• June 15, 2024, 07:11:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: ShareCenter - Add-on Applications - Participate In Our Latest Poll!!!  (Read 51857 times)

alirezaesfa

• Level 1 Member
Re: ShareCenter - Add-on Applications - Participate In Our Latest Poll!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2015, 11:12:09 AM »

Hi, I own a DNS-320L sharecentre, and I am trying to install the Plex add-on located here: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=61384.0

So far I have been able to install fun_plug successfully, but am unable to proceed further. Could anyone please tell me how to install the Plex add-on (or any other add-on) once I have downloaded the file from this website? Any links to any guides?

Not well versed in Linux, so pleased to have made it this far!

Thanks

philphil61

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2015, 11:38:59 AM »

Hi, I own a DNS-320L sharecentre, and I am trying to install the Plex add-on located here: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=61384.0

So far I have been able to install fun_plug successfully, but am unable to proceed further. Could anyone please tell me how to install the Plex add-on (or any other add-on) once I have downloaded the file from this website? Any links to any guides?

Not well versed in Linux, so pleased to have made it this far!

Thanks

You don't need fun plug for any addons on this forum - AFAIK funplug is not supported here although others have it for other addons

To install Plex - login to the web gui (enter IP address in web browser) then enter password
Click "Applications
Click "Add-On Management"
Click "Choose File"  browse to location of downloaded addon and select
Click "Apply"
Accept the message when asked and wait about 1 min
After installation make sure it's RED in Start/Stop
Then go back to "Applications" and click the icon

alirezaesfa

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2015, 01:43:31 PM »

Hi, thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately the DNS 320L doesn't support add-ons natively, hence why I am trying to add them using fun plug.

I've seen a number of add ons released on this site for my device though so I'm sure there's a way to use them, just not sure how!

philphil61

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2015, 03:25:09 PM »

Hi, thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately the DNS 320L doesn't support add-ons natively, hence why I am trying to add them using fun plug.

I've seen a number of add ons released on this site for my device though so I'm sure there's a way to use them, just not sure how!

I gave you instructions on how to install Plex - the same instructions can be used for any of the add-ons on the following link

http://dlink.vtverdohleb.org.ua/Add-On/

I understand it's a learning curve and that sometimes instructions/advice are written in terminology that basic computer literate people do not understand (no disrespect to anyone meant).  That's why I gave simple instructions in my first comment so that you can follow the step by step guide.

If this has failed it could be down to funplug and as I've never used funplug I'm not sure how to use it correctly that said I did read somewhere that to disable funplug you just need to access the main folder structure and rename the funplug folder to example oldfunplug

If Plex still doesn't install by the instructions given in first comment - can you explain where (at which part of the step by step) are you having issues?

alirezaesfa

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2015, 09:56:06 AM »

Thanks for your help. My main problem was that the "Add ons" option in application management was never present - I assumed this was to do with the type of device I had.

I have since upgraded the firmware of my device to 1.04, and the "Add ons" option has thankfully appeared!

Thanks again for your help, I've now managed to install the app I needed.

philphil61

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2015, 11:12:16 AM »

Thanks for your help. My main problem was that the "Add ons" option in application management was never present - I assumed this was to do with the type of device I had.

I have since upgraded the firmware of my device to 1.04, and the "Add ons" option has thankfully appeared!

Thanks again for your help, I've now managed to install the app I needed.

Happy you got it sorted
Plex is OK but depends of file types.. there will be restrictions using Plex but it's a good start and a great media library
I've stopped using Plex and just installed Kodi(XBMC) on my PC, Tablet and Phone - I prefer the Media Browser and I use the tablet to stream from 320L direct to my networked Home Cinema System - the only thing I need to fix is "sharing the database" but I've hit a brik wall there
Pages: 1 2 [3]