• June 15, 2024, 11:26:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Windows Remote desktop stops working  (Read 4603 times)

rcschaff

• Level 1 Member
Windows Remote desktop stops working
« on: March 16, 2009, 09:54:58 AM »

After installing the software the newest version from the website, I can no longer use windows remote desktop to remote the computer.  This function worked fine on thru the network cable. 

After calling tech support with no help and them telling me to go to Microsoft, I decided to uninstall the d-link software and install only the driver for the dwa-552 and use the built in windows wireless and all seems to work fine.  I can even connect at 300mpbs and security enabled and I didn't have to go configure it manually like I did the d-link software.

The other problem I had was the d-link took away the fast user switching, which I already found plenty of talk in the forums about that, just wanted to mention that.

arod

Re: Windows Remote desktop stops working
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 11:25:24 AM »

Personally I would rather use the driver and use windows zero config to connect wireless. However if you need to use the dlink utility and are having issue with fast user switching.. try referencing the following FAQ.

http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=3254&question=fast+user+switching

Renelson De Jesus

• Level 1 Member
Re: Windows Remote desktop stops working
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 11:37:16 AM »

Another way to deal with this is via the Event Viewer so that you can check for any faulty module since RDP became faulty after you install the software :)