• June 17, 2024, 12:28:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Email notifications not showing pictures and showing user/password invalid...  (Read 3605 times)

taymag

• Level 3 Member

I am 100% sure my email and password are correct and my status show E-mail Test Invalid username/password after I send the email test. Please help me with this.

On second note, I did (and am) receiving a few test emails as well as detection alert emails so I assume it may be working but still shows invalid username/password.

The emails that do come through just say motion was detected with the dlink logo with a link to login to the website and do no have any image attachments or images on them so I would like to know about that as well. Thanks and here is a screenshot of my email settings. Let me know if you need anymore screenshots of settings

taymag

• Level 3 Member

WOW I spent endless time with this and finally figured it out. Those settings work but you cannot use username@gmail.com for username anymore, just use username. MOST of the "help" forum questions I saw showed people successfully setting up with username@gmail.com under user name and you have to drop @gmail.com.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

WOW I spent endless time with this and finally figured it out. Those settings work but you cannot use username@gmail.com for username anymore, just use username. MOST of the "help" forum questions I saw showed people successfully setting up with username@gmail.com under user name and you have to drop @gmail.com.

Thank you for sharing your solution. I'll keep this in mind if other users experience similar problems.  ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

BlackHawk1

• Level 1 Member

Yes, I am sure I want to reply to this message because I had the exact same issue. I want to thank the original poster for starting the thread. I was getting "motion detection" alert emails but not actual images. And yes, the solution proposed by the original poster has to do with the "Username" field in the advanced settings of the cameras configuration. However, my problem wasn't solved until I entered the "Username" as the exact "opposite" of what the OP was suggesting. I had entered "only" the first part of my email address without the @xxx.com portion. When I changed it to the full email address it began working correctly again, i.e., I got actual image attachments that I wasn't getting before.

So, if you have a similar issue, i.e., you are not receiving image attachments, try using both the username portion of your email address and the full email address. One of these should make it work, probably the opposite of whatever you have it configured to use in it's non-working state.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 03:48:05 PM by BlackHawk1 »