• June 15, 2024, 11:49:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Is it possible to upload large number of photos to photo app?  (Read 5596 times)

bigdave240

• Level 2 Member

I have searched and only found a few hints about loading a zip file full of pics but it seems that you have to be able to load a binary unzip to be able to do it.  Is the an easire way to load photos? A few at a time could take years lol. Am i missing something?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 07:00:32 AM by bigdave240 »

bigdave240

• Level 2 Member
Re: Is it possible to upload large number of photos to photo app?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 11:32:03 AM »

finally figured out how to upload large numbers of photos to the Gallery. you need two things added to gallery to make it work. one is Upload Applet (under Import tab in admin section) and the other is Remote (under Remote interfaces in admin section) Adding those two things gives you another tab under Add Items in an Album called Upload applet. when you click on that it will allow you to load pics from a folder by clicking on the folder itself. pretty fast too. i loaded thousands of pics today with it. Still not the best picture software i have used but getting better. If anyone thinks this is useful let me know and i will try to do a step by step of how to add it. Now i want to figure out if we can upgrade to the latest Gallery version and get some of the newer features. anyone got an idea of that?

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 12:22:09 PM »

If you feel inclined to write a stepwise process, I can add it to our ShareCenter FAQ board.  ;)  :D
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

bigdave240

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 07:59:06 AM »

steps to add multiple files or whole folders of pics at one time:
1. Log in as admin
2. In upper right corner click on SiteAdmin (next to logout)
3. Under Admin Options (Left side of page) click on Plugins then the tab for Get more Plugins
4. click on Update Plugin List
5. Scroll down to the area called Import and look for Upload Applet
6. click on download and follow prompts to install
7. scroll to area called Remote Interfaces and look for Remote. download and install following the prompts
8. you will now see Upload Applet and Remote listed on the left side of the screen. there are a few things you could modify if you want to but I left them as is for now.
9. Go back to your gallery and click on add items in any album. you should now have a tab called Upload Applet. Click on it. Ok the Java popups.
10. you can now either tap the Add Pictures button at the bottom or add whole folders full by dragging a folder to the download area. it will populate all the pics in that folder in the list then hit upload.

These are the instructions i followed to the best of my memory and looking at it while i wrote it up today. If anyone has questions or corrections please let me know and we can fix it before it gets posted to the faq area. Let me know if it works for you!

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 01:29:52 PM »

Thanks for the updated procedure!
I will create the FAQ and will have an opportunity to edit should the need arise.  ;)

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 01:44:32 PM »

Please see the new FAQ entry: DNS-325/345 - Photo Center Add-On - Bulk Image Upload

Please post any edits/errors as a reply to this thread and I'll update the FAQ entry accordingly.
Thanks for your contribution bigdave240! I gave you a nod at the footer of the post.