• June 04, 2024, 10:11:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: What the hell happened ?  (Read 7278 times)

shaske

What the hell happened ?
« on: April 09, 2008, 09:24:47 AM »

I was working on a dgs1216t that is connected to the dgs1248t ....  All I did was enable Vlans and assign ports on the dgs1216t...  All network traffic came to a halt. no internet no sql no file shares no printing nothing.  All traffic was going thru the 1248 I only had one wire plugged into the 1216.  When I enabled vlans for 1 switch did it reconfig all the others?  after disabling the vlans the network came back up after restarting several machines and walking dazed users thru restarting apps.  All I was doing was setting up tagged vlans on a test switch to test 802.1q compatability with a cisco router.

Any help in understanding what happened would be greatly appreciated.  We have done this many times with cisco hardware without a problem.  This just burned 2 hours of my day and can't afford a repeat.

Thanks

Fatman

• Poweruser
  • Level 9 Member
Re: What the hell happened ?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 03:05:38 PM »

I would take a look and be very careful you didn't end up removing your uplink port from the default VLAN.  While your at it I would ensure that GVRP is disabled.
non progredi est regredi