• June 15, 2024, 03:30:47 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Wireless Restarts Cracked  (Read 45751 times)

Breman

• Level 1 Member
Re: Wireless Restarts Cracked
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2010, 12:14:08 AM »

Here's the deal on SEP and Wireless networks: SEP's Network Defender module doesn't recognize the wireless clients and thinks they are a threat, so it then sends garbage to the wireless access point causing the WAP to think there is a failed NIC on the network or that there is an internal error, the WAP in an attempt to overcome the issue does a wireless restart. This can be caused by either a system running wireless or wired. I have experienced this issue with a wired system being the only one with SEP installed, once uninstalled all was well. This is both a flaw in SEP and in DLink firmware. Odd, the antivirus acting as a virus because it doesn't recognize the wireless network as a legitimate network. One possible solution is if you could disable the Network Defender module, however SEP does not have that option that I have seen. Just to clarify, SEP's Network Defender Module is a Host Based Intrusion Prevention System not the SEP Firewall module, however the firewall module could be misidentifying the IPv6 packet burst as a potential DDOS attack or rogue network adapter.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 10:09:29 PM by Breman »
CompTIA A+, N+, S+ Certified

whitey019

• Level 1 Member
Re: Wireless Restarts Cracked
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2010, 06:19:57 PM »

Bump.
I haven't looked at this in a long time since I made the original post.  The post prior to this (#45) seems to have the best explanation so far.  Because it seemed to have helped a good many people and no doubt saved a few routers from destruction I thought I'd bump it for others to see.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]