• June 15, 2024, 11:08:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Wireless Connection Problems  (Read 3570 times)

ntin

• Level 1 Member
Wireless Connection Problems
« on: December 11, 2010, 02:23:43 PM »

I have had a DIR-628 for about two months now last week I moved a computer into a different room using now using a wireless adapter (802.11.n) to connect to the router. It worked fine for a few days then the computer started to disconnect constantly (several times an hour) from the wireless network. My roommate also says his notebook has had the same problems disconnection. Our smart phones also are having the same problem with disconnects.

Here is what I have tried to fix the problem after searching the forums.

The router is using the latest firmware 1.24NA.

The WAN port speed is turned off auto and set to 100Mbps.

I have left the Windows 7 home group.

I have turned off my anti-virus.

The wireless network is transmitting in 802.11.g/n (we have other devices that are not 802.11.n ready).

Advance DNS service is turned off.

Hard reset the router.

Changed to wireless channel to 8 after using the “inSSIDer” utility to avoid commonly used channels elsewhere in the apartment building.

The wireless adapter and router are about 20 feet away from one another, there is a wall in the way but I still have 100% signal strength.

Is there anything else to try? I would hate to purchase another router considering this one is relatively new.

smlunatick

• Level 5 Member
Re: Wireless Connection Problems
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 06:36:40 AM »

Check all / any Internet security / antivirus softwares.  These can block the SSID processing correctly.