• June 15, 2024, 09:03:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Feature request: wireless bridge link speed report  (Read 3656 times)

GSIVIERO77

• Level 1 Member
Feature request: wireless bridge link speed report
« on: July 06, 2010, 05:58:10 AM »

I would like to make a request for a future firmware release. Could it be possible to have a report field, like the signal strength in "site survey", to know the link speed between a wireless router and the DAP-1522 in bridge mode?
I think it would be very useful to troubleshoot link speed and connection problems, for example to know if the bridge is connecting in N mode or G mode and at which speed. Otherwise, how can I tell?

lizzi555

• Level 5 Member
Re: Feature request: wireless bridge link speed report
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 11:49:57 AM »

You normally can see the connection speed in your router.
As the bridge connects to it, the router should show the speed of this connection and whether it is A, G or N.
The DAP would report the same as it is the same connection.

GSIVIERO77

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 02:39:19 AM »

I have a WRT350N Linksys Wireless-N router, but I can't find any information about the connection, nor on the DAP. The link information on Windows7 tells me the wireless connection of its client card is 300mbps, but I don't find on the router/Bridge any menu with link speed type/info.

Stork

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 12:17:51 PM »

Concur with GSIVIERO77.  D-Link, please make it happen.  I have two 1522s, and want to have more insight to the 1552s' performance.

jerry6

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 06:46:20 PM »

get bit meter , it will give you the info on transfer rate on the comp attached to the dap1522 , from that you can work out how well the connection is working

http://codebox.org.uk/pages/home

GSIVIERO77

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 11:59:45 PM »

Well, actually my DAP-1522 is connected to my Sony DLNA TV and I usually manage it wirelessly from my Linux (UNE 10.4) netbook...
And of course the wireless network configuration page does not work under Firefox with firmware 1.21, so I also would have to use a PC with Windows and IE if I had to change these settings.
So, since they will have to adjust the firmware anyway (that page worked well with FW 1.20), this new feature would be rather welcome (shouldn't be that hard to implement for them).
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 12:12:34 AM by GSIVIERO77 »