• June 16, 2024, 11:37:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Voicemail not terminating call on hang-up  (Read 10652 times)

broberds

• Level 1 Member
Voicemail not terminating call on hang-up
« on: February 15, 2009, 01:02:12 PM »

If I call into my system from an outside line and make it to a voice mailbox; if I hang up after giving my message the system never terminates the call until the maximum message time is hit.

If I hit "#" to end my message it terminates correctly.  The result is all messages, after the external caller hangs up, have a trailing dialtone followed by our providers "operator" message about hanging up then an off the hook tone.

This is keeping me from actually making the switch over... I have a single test line hooked up to our system through a DVG-3104MS with up to date firmware (01.02.04).  My phone system is a DVX-2000MS with SP2 Installed.  Nearly all of my phones are DPH-125MS with up to date firmware (01.14.18) with a few Syspine phones dabbled about.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can combat this problem.  Relying on the external caller to hit "#" at the end of the message isn't really an option for us :/

broberds

• Level 1 Member
Re: Voicemail not terminating call on hang-up
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 02:27:28 PM »

As I'm switching lines from our previous system the same seems to be true for incoming callers that hangup before someone answers.

I currently have it setup to call through to my phone and ring indefinitely.  If I call in on my new lines from my cell phone and hang up while its still ringing the system itself continues ringing my phone.  If I answer I receive a dial tone.  This is not 100% reproducible.

Has anybody had this problem?

Stirling

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 11:09:09 PM »

We are experiencing the same problem and looking for help to reslove it. We have also updated the system with SP2 we have 2 phone lines attached. 

LokiC2

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 12:12:16 PM »

Ditto.  We are using SP2 as well.  I notice that firmware 1.14.19 is supposed to have been uploaded to the support site on March 5th, but the current version on the support site is 1.14.18.  The new version is supposed to address some issues including voicemail.  Hopefully, someone will actually post the new firmware version soon.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 12:20:11 PM by LokiC2 »

Mlachake

• Poweruser
  • Level 3 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 08:44:07 AM »

Firmware version 1.14.19 was posted on 3/4/09 and it is still and will be available in the foreseeable future. Please access the link below to download the firmware.

http://www.support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=DPH-125MS

quicktech

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 12:01:32 PM »

We are having the same problems.
No resolution with upgrading the firmware on all devices either (although we haven't upgraded to the SP2 w/barge in as we won't be using the barge-in feature)

Any reccomendations?

rs_shadow0000

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 05:36:50 AM »

I currently accept it bureaucracy to alarm through to my buzz and ring indefinitely. If I alarm in on my new curve from my corpuscle buzz and adhere up while its still campanology the arrangement itself continues campanology my phone. If I acknowledgment I accept a punch tone. This is not 100% reproducible.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 03:13:20 AM by rs_shadow0000 »

PCTechie

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 01:24:58 PM »

This is interesting.  We have just had something very similar to this start happening to our system.  We have 4 lines and yesterday one of the ladies told me that no one could dial out.  I check and sure enough we were getting the "No Lines Available" message.  I checked the gateway and found that all 4 lines were listed as TALKING, but only 1 line was actually in use.

I ended up rebooting the gateway and it seemed fine for a while, then it happened again today.  We have been using this system for months with no issues like this, so this is strange.

We have all of the latest SP's and firmware installed.

Any ideas???

tengky

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 08:11:11 AM »

Login to the Gateway, and ensure you use the right AC Impendance for your country (under Advance - Line Setting). Also, check that you set to the right country at Call Control.

davehanson1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 10:33:19 AM »

Sorry...dumb question time.  How do I know whether my line supports 600 ohm (default setting) vs NEW_600 (or for that matter, any of the other settings)?