• June 17, 2024, 10:39:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Printer is found on Dlink but cant find when going through add printer  (Read 1504 times)

dturtill

• Level 1 Member

i have a richoh USB printer that i can connect to the dlink 320 l and it finds it and recognizes it but if i try to add it to my pc it cant find the printer, i have tried pointing direct to the NAS ip address and this isnt working

any help would be appreciated. I will try to use the SAMBA add on to see if this produces the same error

ivan

• Level 8 Member
Re: Printer is found on Dlink but cant find when going through add printer
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 04:59:07 AM »

I assume you are using windows, in which case you need to add a network printer not a local one.  Depending on what version of windows you have you might have to supply the IP address or the SMB name (SMB name - the name you see for the NAS under network in windows explorer).  In all cases you will be asked to install the printer drivers on your PC so have them available and use the 'have disk' selection to locate them.

dturtill

• Level 1 Member
Re: Printer is found on Dlink but cant find when going through add printer
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 05:57:00 AM »

thanks , i have been trying to add it as a network printer but didnt try the SMB name (i had tried the IP address however)