• June 16, 2024, 12:57:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Is the auto patrol one of the features of DCS-5222L?  (Read 5586 times)

manand

• Level 1 Member
Is the auto patrol one of the features of DCS-5222L?
« on: July 12, 2013, 01:20:37 PM »

I bought the DCS-5222L to monitor a shop with the auto patrol. When I set it to patrol all the time it does it one time and stops. I want to know if I can use it to patrol a place or not. I have managed to set it to patrol with the latest version of DView Cam or the previous version of DNR-322L. Can the camera patrol a space continuously (and the fact that it doesn't work is a firmware bug) or this is not one of it's features?

Acumen

• Level 2 Member
Re: Is the auto patrol one of the features of DCS-5222L?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 07:50:38 AM »

I tested it with my cam and it looks like it is not possible from the web UI... It only runs the positions once.

Never used it earlier, since it also triggers motion detection.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 07:57:26 AM by Acumen »

marcvz

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 04:48:31 PM »

I am also looking for a way to initiate the auto patrol even if it is a discontinued or unavailable feature directly from the cameras firmware. Does anyone have a script, program, method to getting this to work external to the cameras firmware?

I have attempted to perform a simple batch file to run an IE session to the web page but the issue is that it will not enter the username and password correctly. Once I enter the credentials manually the script will run successfully as there are no further login prompts after the first login.

I must say that this is a total letdown and apart from the PTZ function enabling you to focus the cameras view without manual interaction with the camera it provides little other benefit. Without auto patrol functionality to run on a schedule the PTZ cameras are simply useless.

Please someone HELP!!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 04:39:16 AM »

You can use D-Link's PC application D-ViewCam for automatically moving between Patrol presets. The application supports the creation of events for moving between patrol presets and can also serve the function of managing scheduled recording and playback: D-ViewCam Board
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 11:32:54 AM »

Have you had an opportunity to test D-ViewCam?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC