• June 15, 2024, 09:51:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Beta 1.09 is Now available  (Read 55777 times)

perfectdark

• Level 2 Member
Re: Beta 1.09 is Now available
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2010, 01:28:49 PM »

so obviously D-Link isn't interested in fixing the existing issues like incremental backups from many firmwares ago.  They are just interested in trying to create new features, which is great if all the old features were working 100%,  and as gunrunner mentioned don't list the prices, what is that all about?????

Whats the problem with incremental backups? I use it 3 times a week and it works 100%

klein

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2010, 01:54:35 PM »

how have you set it up?  i have tried and it won't work for me ..

i tried from volume1 to volume 2 and from volume1 to another nas and neither work for me ...

ultimately i would like it to work to another nas as th 323 isn't capable of transferring 1.3 TB of data in a night ...

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2010, 01:59:00 PM »

I use Task Manager to wake my machine in the middle of the night and run a file synchronization utility for this task.  Much more flexible than trying to do it strictly with the DNS-323.
Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.

klein

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2010, 02:22:53 PM »

hey gun what program do you use and how did you set it up? that is exactly what i am looking for ...

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2010, 02:34:21 PM »

I use Beyond Compare www.scootersoftware.com with a canned script to do the deed.  I have Task Manager wake up my machine and run the batch file that invokes Beyond Compare.  I do a similar thing for each machine once a week to do an Acronis True Image backup of the boot drive.

FWIW, I have Windows 7 which has a nice task manager capability.  I checked XP, and it also has a Wake to run task, so I'm assuming that Vista does to, don't feel like waking that machine up. :D

mwhyte

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2010, 07:21:36 AM »

I just wanted to add my feedback on the new online back-up feature for the DNS-323...

For me if this service is priced right and online storage is adequate enough then I will use it and I will pay for it. When I saw this feature it was exactly what I was looking for. I did not like the idea of having another utility on my PC for online back-ups so this feature of putting the utility on the DNS-323 is brilliant....I truly hope you go ahead with this feature....

Now here is what I would pay for this service:

Based on the fact that similar "home" online back-up services for desktop computers such as Mozy and Carbonite run around $5.00 a month for unlimited backups of a single desktops internal drive....

I think a price for a "home" user of around $10 - $15 a month for unlimited backups would be fair...I am basing this on the fact that many "home" users would maybe backup two or three computers and backup more data than a single desktop PC....so I am trying to be fair here....Of course if they would charge less and still make money...fantastic....

Now I said "home" user if the device is used in an office than perhaps higher business pricing would be more appropriate...but for a "home" user the $10 - $15 month range is what I would pay....otherwise I would just go to the competition for less....

As for Data storage....you have to make it unlimited or at least that should be an option....there is nothing worse than doing backups and wondering if I am going to run out of room or not....yes some users will abuse this...but the vast majority of users would have reasonable backup requirements...and not having to worry about if or when you would reach your quota is a real bonus....

These are just my thoughts....

famkramer

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2010, 08:31:08 AM »

I've registered on ctera.

My account expires in 29 days.

What happens after those 29 days ?

Can I continue my subscription or will I loose my backup ?

Regards, hans

DNSuserMTL

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2010, 08:50:08 AM »

Will this new backup service allow user to send data to any ip address similar to CRONTAB or only specific backup organizations?

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2010, 08:56:11 AM »

I've registered on ctera.

My account expires in 29 days.

What happens after those 29 days ?

Can I continue my subscription or will I loose my backup ?
One would presume they'd actually price the service and let people know what it's going to cost.  The short answer is, nobody seems to know what happens after the trial period or what the service will cost.

jolley

« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2010, 05:03:25 AM »

Still no word on pricing?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]