• June 15, 2024, 09:15:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: D-Link Surveillance Center App (DNS-325/345)  (Read 4320 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
D-Link Surveillance Center App (DNS-325/345)
« on: January 30, 2013, 09:16:04 AM »

D-Link Surveillance Center Package (DNS-325/345)

D-Link now offers a free app for the D-Link DNS-325 and DNS-345 that enables D-Link camera monitoring managed by and recorded within the NAS. The package has a myriad of functionality, including live monitoring on a single pane or tiled view; recording on a schedule; playback; event logs; email notifications; etc.

The Surveillance Center app can confine recording to motion detection events on a schedule.  The actual motion detection is still managed using the algorithms and/or hardware (i.e. PIR) included in each camera. When a motion detection event is triggered, the camera sends notification of the triggered event to the DNS-325/DNS-345 and the software records the event on the NAS and sends out notifications (if configured). The software can serve as workaround for the lack of motion detection on a schedule functionality on some D-Link cameras.

My first impressions (using the DNS-345) are good so far, although the app does not support Firefox.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 09:20:06 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC